Which blu-ray burner?

vbimport

Hello,
I have a question for the forum, i want to buy a blu-ray burner for my desktop pc.
In my region i can only find :
LG BH16NS40
ASUS 16D1HT
and SAMSUNG SE 506CB (external).
Which one of these is better for writing BD Disks?
Thank you very much.

The Samsung SE-506CB has significant issues writing BD-R at certain speeds (check the discussion thread for details).

The Asus is a clone of the LG. So you could get whichever is cheaper, or if they’re a similar price the LG.

Hi and thank you.
The LG is cheaper than the Asus, so it seems this’ll be the choice.
But,from what i’ve read on reviews from users, it doesn’t seem to be a good choice in terms of fiability.

User reviews on sites like Amazon?

Hi Albert,
No, i’ve read about it on Newegg.

[QUOTE=alinache81;2751287]Hi and thank you.
The LG is cheaper than the Asus, so it seems this’ll be the choice.
But,from what i’ve read on reviews from users, it doesn’t seem to be a good choice in terms of fiability.[/QUOTE]

What means “fiability”?

I have lots of LG drives and have never had a problem with any of them. I assume the ASUS also will burn MDISC as the LG which IMO is “the best” option for archival storage of data.

[QUOTE=alinache81;2751319]Hi Albert,
No, i’ve read about it on Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Same thing: user reviews on a retailer’s web site.

You often see a lot of negatives on retailers’ sites. Take a look at reviews for popular hard drives; it’s bad. But it’s sort of the norm to see some complaints. As of yet, I haven’t heard of an epidemic where any optical drive in recent years fails prematurely (except with certain users who have bad luck or have some environmental factor causing their issues).

But overall, the BH14/BH16 drives on Newegg have around a 4 out of 5 score when I look at them. That’s…not that bad for devices that have been available for some time.

Yes, i think you are probably right.
On the other hand, i found a shop that sells pioneer 209dbk.
I’ll check it out and decide a.s.a.p.
Thanks Albert.

I would go for a Pioneer, if possible. It seems to be an excellent writer on all disc types.

The only issue with the BDR-209[B]D[/B] is that it doesn’t support BD XL discs. (I think the LG does.)

If you can find a BDR-209E or BDR-S09XLT get that instead. Here they only cost a few pounds more and are essentially the same drive as the D, but they support XL discs.

This might sounds ancient but if you want to write DVD for movie format make sure it can booktype. I found out some drivers can’t do this one was the newer LG BD burners. It wouldn’t booktype DVD+R media to DVD-ROM had to use my old Liteon iHas-212 drive to do that but it burns BD media so I am still using my old Liteon for the work horse. New doesn’t always mean better if it can not still Booktype a DVD+R media to DVD-ROM.

There are also many drives which do AUTO bitset/booktype to DVD-ROM.

After over 100 burns and no coasters unless I did something stupid like putting over 4 GB Burns not knowing how to burn larger amounts .
Before the 506CB I hated all 2 usbs on any CD Burner so in 2009 maybe 2008 my GF bought a ZT System I think on TV it had the first BluRay Id seen and as Blu Rays go it played DVD CD the 3 names and it was LG works great still today