Which Blank DVD's Should I choose of these?

vbimport

I want to know which of these should I choose.
Taiyo Yuden 16x DVD-R
Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R ValueLine
Verbatim 8x or 16x DVD-r/ +r (Made in Taiwan)
Ridata 16x DVD-R

Which would be the best choice, I would appreciate all the help I can get as soon as possible.

Thankyou very much

To burn on what?

I’d go for any of them but the Ridata. Buy some of all.

I going to use a Pioneer 110d…and main reasons for this would be storage of important files, movies, pictures, and backup of xbox games. Unfortunately I can only pick thats why I need help.

Thanks for the reply

Of the ones you’ve listed, I would get the Verbatims.

If you could get TY 8x +R, I would certainly consider them, but they aren’t on your list.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2050515]Of the ones you’ve listed, I would get the Verbatims.

If you could get TY 8x +R, I would certainly consider them, but they aren’t on your list.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Agree 100%.

Verbatim DVD-R 8x. These are great, especially in a Pioneer 111 and they have a long life expectancy.

Also, you listed TY value line 8x - even if it was premium I would still choose the Verbatim 8x but value line is value line for a reason (it’s not as good lol). The 16x TYG03 aren’t the best IMO - they can often produce rather average burns. Verbatim 16x media can also be a little variable at times too, you would hope not to get a bad batch. Ridata is just shit.

So there’s the reasons you should go with 8x -R Verbatim.

Moved my comments as they were not really related to this thread.

To throw a spanner in the works , is it an orginal xbox 1 ? :slight_smile: If so i find that ritek G04/G05 is the best for backups for that console i know their a bad media etc but Ive had 5 xbox 1’s over the past few years and i found that they seemed to like them more then TY or Verb :slight_smile: , anything else in that list cept the 16x ritek is good to go :slight_smile:

*Dons flameproof jacket :eek:

Out of the list I would get the verbatim 8x dvd+r’s. I’ve seen some pretty amazing results with the valueline dvdr’s, but it’s a bit of a gamble with them

Verbatim +R 16x would be my recommendation. Burning at 12x I got great results (extremly low PIF counts) on 9/10 of a 10 pack of MCC 004 LS discs.

Regarding the others, I second what cd pirate says.

[QUOTE=marcus_667;2050915]If so i find that ritek G04/G05 is the best for backups for that console [/QUOTE]As backups to be used rightaway instead of the originals, yes G04/G05 are among the most compatible… but the guy wants to STORE the backups, so it’s for security I guess, no? So the fast degrading G04/G05 are definitly out of the question! :wink: