Which Audio to Select

I am looking to make an archive of The Simpsons (and some other discs) and there are several audio choices:

English AC-3/5.1
English DTS/5.1
English AC-3/2
English AC-3/2 (yes, there are two of them)
Spanish AC-3/2
French AC-3/2

So, obviously I do not choose Spanish or French unless I want those languages.

But, if I want the archive for a DVD Player, which should I choose.
If I want the archive for my Ipod, which should I choose.

Why are there two English AC-3/2 choices?
How can I preview them???

Thanks for any help!

[QUOTE=W84Wind;1971496]I am looking to make an archive of The Simpsons (and some other discs) and there are several audio choices:

English AC-3/5.1
English DTS/5.1
English AC-3/2
English AC-3/2 (yes, there are two of them)
Spanish AC-3/2
French AC-3/2

So, obviously I do not choose Spanish or French unless I want those languages.

But, if I want the archive for a DVD Player, which should I choose.
If I want the archive for my Ipod, which should I choose.

Why are there two English AC-3/2 choices?
How can I preview them???

Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

English AC-3/5.1 and English AC-3/2 both
as far as the other English AC-3/2 may want to check most likly one of them is Director’s cutICommentary) and forget the DTS audio

Unfortunately, there’s no way to “preview” the audio.
I think the quickest method to do this is to select just 1 or 2 chapters along with your selected audio and rip them to your hdd. Then just view it via the software player of your choice…VLC, Powerdvd, neroshowtime, etc.

With most discs, this isn’t necessary, but sometimes it’s worth it.
We’ve probably all had rips where the director’s comments, etc., have caused problems.

I have an interesting situation with multiple audio tracks.

I have MASH Season 10 and it has the canned laughter on a seperate track. If I use any of the DVD to Mobile (to get an AVI file for my PC). I end up with the dialog and not the laughter track. Would be good if I could get both.

KJ

If you own a stand alone DVD player, then play the DVD in that one and change the different audiotracks. That should give you a clue what the sound tracks represents.

Nero Showtime is another program to use, just righ click on the screen, and you can change the different audio tracks.