Which audio channel?

vbimport

I am copying some movies strictly for travel playback on my portable, so 5.1 isn’t needed. On some movies I have found that there are multiple Dolby 2 audio tracks. In some cases they are labled as director’s commentary, but in others not. Is there any way to accurately predict which track is the commentary and which is just the soundtrack? It seems that the first one listed is the commentary - is that true, or just on the couple I’ve encountered?

Thanks!

Originally posted by berone
[B]I am copying some movies strictly for travel playback on my portable, so 5.1 isn’t needed. On some movies I have found that there are multiple Dolby 2 audio tracks. In some cases they are labled as director’s commentary, but in others not. Is there any way to accurately predict which track is the commentary and which is just the soundtrack? It seems that the first one listed is the commentary - is that true, or just on the couple I’ve encountered?

Thanks! [/B]

Always select the 6 channel for the main feature sound track, and Dolby AC3. Uncheck 2 channel, PCM and DTS.

Why? The 6 channel takes up more room on the disk, forcing a greater compression ratio, and I don’t need it to listen to the movie through headphones or plugged into a hotel television.

In the preview window right clic and select the varius streams and listen and find out wich is wich.

Thank you! I wasn’t getting sound in the preview and didn’t realize that there was a way to do so. That solves it!