Which antivirus suitable for small medium business use

vbimport

Hi everybody,

I’m looking for antivirus for my company. We have around 100s workstation in company. Can u all recommend me which antivirus is good in market for small medium business use?

Thank you
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Trendmicro

praba82 Welcome to CDFreaks

trendmicro would have my vote also

We have used Trend Micro at work it sucked badly and it seems like most seems to agree, it does find viruses but it cannot delete/disinfect. I would look at Kaspersky or NOD32, I know what Kaspersky have better setups for Corps though.
//Danne

I thought i read that Kaspersky was overly bloated software like Symantec?

I have some contact with a company with around 400 employees handling data at national security level is using Trend Micro.

Combined with a capable IT team there are no problems so far…meaning you can´t just set and forget anything, not even Trend Micro.

Hi all,

Thank you for ur quick response. I go through some of website, they mention avast n sophos good antivirus for small medium company. What’s ur recommendation on this two antivirus?

Thank you,

[QUOTE=bean55;2132419]I thought i read that Kaspersky was overly bloated software like Symantec?[/QUOTE]
NO WAY!:disagree:
The latest version(2009) is by far and away the lightest and best out there, IMHO.:iagree:

i use avast4 home personal edition, but that doesnt mean anything for small companies.

[QUOTE=troy512;2132634]i use avast4 home personal edition, but that doesnt mean anything for small companies.[/QUOTE]

I use it for home also , not sure I would use it for a small company.

nickyboy4 Re: Which antivirus suitable for small medium business use

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean55
I thought i read that Kaspersky was overly bloated software like Symantec?

NO WAY!
The latest version(2009) is by far and away the lightest and best out there, IMHO.

I guess I will have to take another look at It. Thanks

bean55

Yo-

I switched from Trend Micro Internet Security Suite to BitDefender Internet Security Suite and couldn’t be happier-eh!!

(Consumer Reports - this months issue - says it is the best anti virus suite for home AND small business)

Can u recommend me which website having antivirus rating for enterprise? When I search at I just found for home edition only.

thank you,

[B][U]Small Business
[/U][/B]
I’ve worked as a technical analyst within an AV company and have worked with different AV solutions as a 2nd line network engineer.

I’d recommend Sophos for a small business solution. They are fast becoming a market leader, and you get excellent 24/7 support for free when needed as part of the licence.

Very easy to use and deploy, protects against not only in the wild threats, but also against unknown threats which is vital to protect your network.

Sophos control center screenshot:

Sophos Security Suite comes with a spam solution too so it is an all in one product, although just AV on it’s own is available.

[B][U]Enterprise[/U][/B]
If you are very keen on controlling your whole network, you can upgrade to the Enterprise version:

This allows you to not only easily set virus, spyware and adware cleanup and scanning settings - but you also have application control. This allows you to choose which users can be allowed/blocked for using msn, skype, certain web browsers, games etc.

Sophos by default also has an inbuilt web filter for internet explorer, and soon for firefox too. This ensures you can have a degree of web filtering protection on your network as well.

Sophos is endorsed by many IT professionals, including the company Google who use Sophos too - which is easy to find out through a little bit of googling ;).

For me I run the enterprise version for a few businesses. The active directory integration also means when companies add new PC’s to domain they get auto protected by sophos - perfect! saves time and $$$.

You can easily setup notifications so when a PC is infected or a virus is cleaned up - you know about it.

Whatever you choose, make sure its affordable, you have the free support as part of the licence and the AV has a VB100 cert.

If you need any further advice you may contact me on richard@phoenix.gi for any questions.

For other AV, through seeing samples sent into the labs, Kaspersky, ESET and trend always did well. I just have some issues with some lacking features these products have, or over intrusive virus engines.

Kind regards,

Richard Cropper

Do you have any rating table list for av, which mention pros and cons for av? I doing some evaluation on av coz my company decides to change current av and the current av we are using trend micro. As you mention u work as technical analyst an av company, I think u hav better knowledge on av and can u help me to giv any evaluation detail on av.

Thanks,

I would also call that as spam :wink:
//Danne

[QUOTE=praba82;2138520]Do you have any rating table list for av, which mention pros and cons for av? I doing some evaluation on av coz my company decides to change current av and the current av we are using trend micro. As you mention u work as technical analyst an av company, I think u hav better knowledge on av and can u help me to giv any evaluation detail on av.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

There are many websites which review AV products for businesses.

Try http://www.scmagazineus.com/ for reviews of anti virus products (make sure you get the latest ones for the latest products).

You can register on http://www.virusbtn.com/index to see the difference between the products too.

Try and find something easy to manage - installing AV is one thing, configuring and managing it is another. Find something simple :slight_smile:

ESET would be another nice option, but for different policies you have to manually create packages which is tiresome.

Kaspersky is a bit invasive for my liking too.

Do you need an AV just for windows platforms? or mac and linux too?

You need to find what suits your company, from your budget to what fits your needs.

Good luck in finding an AV - remember you can trail them all, so you don’t need to rush into a decision :wink:

Just ensure whichever AV you choose has buffer overflow detection, a HIPs option and does spyware/adware as stadard in the same engine.

Regards,
Richard

this may help…

VBulletins, latest comparative to see who passed their tests:

Agnitum

[B]Status: PASS[/B]

Result history: Agnitum
Product name: Agnitum Outpost
Details: Only available to subscribers.

AhnLab

[B] Status: PASS[/B]
Result history: AhnLab
Product name: Ahnlab V3

Alwil

Result history: Alwil
Product name: Alwil avast!

ArcaBit

Failure reason: 93 wildlist misses, 3 false positives
Result history: ArcaBit
Product name: Arcabit ArcaVir

AVG (Grisoft)

Result history: AVG (Grisoft)
Product name: AVG

Avira

Failure reason: 1 false positive
Result history: Avira
Product name: Avira AntiVir

CA eTrust

Failure reason: 1 wildlist miss
Result history: CA eTrust
Product name: CA eTrust

Eset

Result history: Eset
Product name: ESET NOD32

Fortinet

Result history: Fortinet
Product name: Fortinet FortiClient

FRISK

Result history: FRISK
Product name: Frisk F-PROT

F-Secure

Result history: F-Secure
Product name: F-Secure

Kaspersky

Result history: Kaspersky
Product name: Kaspersky

Kingsoft

Result history: Kingsoft
Product name: Kingsoft

McAfee

Result history: McAfee
Product name: McAfee VirusScan

Microsoft Forefront

Result history: Microsoft Forefront
Product name: Microsoft Forefront

MicroWorld

Result history: MicroWorld
Product name: MWTI eScan Internet Security

Norman

Result history: Norman
Product name: Norman Security Suite

Quick Heal

Result history: Quick Heal
Product name: Quick Heal AntiVirus

Redstone

Failure reason: 1 wildlist miss, 1 false positive
Result history: Redstone
Product name: Redstone Redprotect

Rising

Result history: Rising
Product name: Rising Antivirus

Sophos

Result history: Sophos
Product name: Sophos Endpoint Security and Control

Symantec

Result history: Symantec
Product name: Symantec Endpoint Protection

AEC (Trustport)

Result history: AEC (Trustport)
Product name: Trustport Antivirus

VirusBuster

Result history: VirusBuster
Product name: VirusBuster Professional
Details: Only availa

can u giv me the url?

you need to go to:

http://www.virusbtn.com/index

and register on their site, then you can see some limited info on the virus tests.

Regards,
Richard

Is McAfee and kaspersky can support Microsoft Exchange server 5.5 ?

It is have any other av can support Microsoft Exchange server 5.5?