Wheres LightScribe?

vbimport

I have all the latest updates to my Nero Suite. I still don’t see the LightScribe logo in the application menu. Does it only show if you have a Lightscribe drive?

The reason I’m Asking is because I thought I saw something in the last few weeks showing the Nero Menu screen with the Light Scribe logo in it as a feature of the software.

I’m not getting answers… Am I asking the wrong question? Maybe it doesn’t exist yet?

As far as I know you only see the feature if your drive is capable of burning LightScribe discs … the same happends when you only have a CD-writer, you don’t see the DVD-burning options, right?

Yea… well my drive IS capable… I have the HP 16X DVD+/_ double layer lightsribe drive model # 640i

I have the software that came with it and I can burn with lightscribe… it basically gives me menus to fix my CD label how i want it and then instead of printing to the printer, it prints with the DVD burner.

I too don’t see this option anywhere in the latest nero v6.608a.

Is it not there and they just say it is?.. or is it hidden?

Sounds like we don’t know?..

But it does say its lightscribe capable now on their page…in the release notes:

???

I found it!.. go to help and at the bottom there are two options that tell you about it…

you have to use the wizard to get it… and you won’t see the option unless nero is pointing to your lightscribe dvd drive.

When you design your label and go to print it, it asks you if you want to print a lightscribe label. The label looks good but I wish I could print it in color. Maby at a later date.

tramp

I read today the color is next… and it will be with the media upgrade… no need to update your burner!.. except maybe firmware!

If you have already:
a. verified you are running the latest firmware (visit the optical drive manufacturer’s website for the firmware)
b. downloaded the “LS Simple Labeler” program from lightscribe.com and see the message “No lightscribe drives found”.
c. verified that the light scribe service is installed and started. (Start > run > “services.msc”)

Then do the following:

1. Click “[B]Start button[/B]”, Right Click “[B]My Computer[/B]” and select “[B]properties[/B]”
  2. Click the “[B]hardware[/B]” tab and then click “[B]device manager[/B]”
  3. Expand “[B]Dvd and CDROMS[/B]”. Right click your lightscribe drive and select “[B]uninstal[/B]”. Click “[B]yes[/B]” to confirm. You will be prompted to reboot.

**Upon rebooting, you will see a notification popup in the tray(if running winXP), that the drive has been detected.

Open the “LS Simple Labeler” program again and you will see that your drive has been detected as a compatible lightscribe device.

[QUOTE=windstrings;933065]I found it!.. go to help and at the bottom there are two options that tell you about it…

you have to use the wizard to get it… and you won’t see the option unless nero is pointing to your lightscribe dvd drive.[/QUOTE]
i have nero-7 and when i go to nero_cover desingner Ess. i do not the lightscribe logo in the application menu where dig you fine it any help would be great:confused: