Where to post dvd labels ive made?

vbimport

is it appropriate to post a couple of dvd custom labels on this forum, ive made a few and would like to know what people think?

ill just post one or 2 anyway, if it get removed, it gets removed

Very nice al4x

Wow! Those are very good. What program did you use, and where did you get the small artwork? (headphones, color octagons, dvd logo)

photoshop

layer for the title
a layer or 2 for the background,
and a layer for each icon
, screen size, soud [5.1, 2.0, dts etc]
a layer for the dvd symbol with 2 or 1 layers

hardest part is cutting out the title from a background so its only the title, with nothing else behind it, also getting a background to fit!

Check out http://www.cdcovers.cc/ they would probably appreciate your hard work.

[quote=al4x;2115721]photoshop

layer for the title
a layer or 2 for the background,
and a layer for each icon
, screen size, soud [5.1, 2.0, dts etc]
a layer for the dvd symbol with 2 or 1 layers

hardest part is cutting out the title from a background so its only the title, with nothing else behind it, also getting a background to fit![/quote]

Yeah, right after I posted my reply I copied your Battlestar Galactica, opened it up in Photoshop & attempted to try & cut out the symbols, & put them on different layers. Let me tell you, it is a major BIOTCH for someone that knows nothing about Photoshop. :iagree: But 4 hours later & I ALMOST have the 1st little symbol cut out. :clap: LOL Seriously though, this is a major pain for a 1st timer. Thanks for sharing the info!

those are uploads, its all i use photoshop for, and am self taught too, i have all the individual layers on my laptop so now ive done it once its alot easier, i picky on stuff like this, the covers ive found arent to my liking lol

heres a screen shot of what i work from, my laptops resolution is high so it might be big

Great work :clap:
Upload them to cdcovers.cc so more people can check them out :slight_smile:

the rules there are really strict, dunno if theyll get in

[QUOTE=al4x;2072660]is it appropriate to post a couple of dvd custom labels on this forum, ive made a few and would like to know what people think?[/QUOTE]

You can post them on DVDcoverart.org. You may get a free account if you contribute. I love that place for cover art.

Hey al4x.

I like your disc covers. For my own dvd burns, I would like to get some of those components.

But I only use basic software (Mspaint, Old version of Paint Shop Pro, as well as my printers disc design suite) so I would have no use for psd layers or anything like that.

I would appreciate it if you could take some of the ‘component’ images, like the colour hexagon, stereo headphones, DVD+R logos and other bits and pieces, and convert them into high quality pngs, for me to use in my own labelling.

TIA

[QUOTE=SeanW;2131193]Hey al4x.

I like your disc covers. For my own dvd burns, I would like to get some of those components.

But I only use basic software (Mspaint, Old version of Paint Shop Pro, as well as my printers disc design suite) so I would have no use for psd layers or anything like that.

I would appreciate it if you could take some of the ‘component’ images, like the colour hexagon, stereo headphones, DVD+R logos and other bits and pieces, and convert them into high quality pngs, for me to use in my own labelling.

TIA[/QUOTE]

I use Paintshop Pro - it has most (if not all) of the features of Photoshop, and at a significantly lower price. It’s unfortunate that Corel is slowly destroying the program (like they did with WordPerfect). I stopped upgrading at v8.0. One problem I’ve discovered (in 8.0) is that I can’t open some EPS files.

You can usually find logos (Warner Bros, Dolby, DTS, etc) if you do an image search on google. Look for the cleanest and largest version of the desired logo that you can find - it’s better to re-size down that to re-size up.

I start my covers with a template that has a disc outline and a few of the standard logos (on their own layers) already on the template, and simply show the layers I need. The hard part is coming up with a decent graphic representation of the movie. Again, doing an image search on google can provide a plethora of choices (I have a crap-load of images for when I backup the BSG season DVDs).

[QUOTE=al4x;2072660]is it appropriate to post a couple of dvd custom labels on this forum, ive made a few and would like to know what people think?[/QUOTE]

Those are great labels. I’ve posted a few of my own, though admittedly not as good as yours. I’m still trying to gather a decent set of logos (I’m still trying to find the mpaa ratings logos in a decent size, or at least the font they used to create them.