Where to I update DVDFab Platinum 5.3.2.2 now?

I have been using DVDFab platinum 5.3.2.2 now for a while with no issues. I had a couple DVD’s that were giving me problems so I cam back looking for the latest beta updates. It seems it instsalled 6.0.2.2 but it left version 5.3.2.2 installed??? Normally when I did an update it installed it right over the old one. Now I have two versions installed on my laptop.

Did I install the incorrect download, and if so where is the update for 5.3.2.2?

Also Version 6.0.2.2 does not take my old registration, I did an email request and got my registration for 5.3.2.2 in my email but it still will not take it.

Version 6.0.2.2 is the newest, you will need to go to DVDFab site and get a new key for version 6.Just click on the drop down and choose what you need from there.

Versions 5 and 6 can and will work on the same computer, it was when they all started with 5 or 4 or 3, you sometimes needed to clean and install fresh.

Check this link out:

http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/NewOptions

Great, thanks for the tip.

I just got the new reg key and entered it with no problem, but DVDFab 5 is still there. Is there really a need to have 5 and 6 on the same laptop?

[QUOTE=DREAMLINER;2307922]Great, thanks for the tip.

I just got the new reg key and entered it with no problem, but DVDFab 5 is still there. Is there really a need to have 5 and 6 on the same laptop?[/QUOTE]

Yes

I have had to revert back to a couple different versions of 5 to get some of the backups done here lately.Vers 5.3.2.0 and 5.2.2.6

Now that I am diggin thru here, I found I also have version 4 installed as well!

Is there instructions on doing a clean uninstall of version 4 & 5?

I see a file called unins.exe in the dvdfab 4 and 5 folder, but I am not sure uf that would effect version 6.

Heres a link to StormJumpers Guide to a clean un-install.
I am pretty sure that it will not affect ver 6 when you choose ver 4.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/guide-clean-uninstal-dvdfab-platinum-gold-246355/#post2073105

Thanks, I think I will do a clean uninstall of version 4 for now and leave 5 & 6 on.

So which one is the last version of 5, and is it still availiable for download?

I believe it is Not available for download anymore but someone will hopefully come along and e-mail you a copy.

Do you know what the last version even was?

My last update made it 5.3.2.2 but I am not sure if that was actually the last one.

The last non-beta release of v5 was 5.2.5.0.

I guess I missed that one.

Yeah, I couldn’t figure out where all these 5.3…s were coming from as the last version was 5.2.5.0. I wasn’t even aware of any Betas after 5.2.5.0.

I think he must have been referring to 5.2.3.2.

The 5.2.5.0 release did not have any of the blu-ray beta junk in it and worked well and was very stable for me. I can send it if someone needs it.

[QUOTE=signals;2307980]The 5.2.5.0 release did not have any of the blu-ray beta junk in it and worked well and was very stable for me. I can send it if someone needs it.[/QUOTE]
I still have 5.2.5.0 as the last version of V5 that I downloaded before the first V6 download. It works fine.:wink: But I still like V6 better.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mike89;2307967]Yeah, I couldn’t figure out where all these 5.3…s were coming from as the last version was 5.2.5.0. I wasn’t even aware of any Betas after 5.2.5.0.

I think he must have been referring to 5.2.3.2.[/QUOTE]No the 5.3’s were Beta and when he got to the final release of ver 5 it was 5.2.5.0. I know the numbering was messing everybody up

No the 5.3’s were Beta and when he got to the final release of ver 5 it was 5.2.5.0. I know the numbering was messing everybody up

Well what you just said messed me up! Heh heh.

Never saw an official release come in with a lower number than a previous Beta. I normally pay attention to all the releases, dunno how I missed that. I haven’t taken any LSD for over 25 years, so that rules that out. Unless someone spiked my coffee and didn’t tell me. (I’m puttin a lid on all my drinks from now on)

Maybe you got scarvey! :smiley:

Maybe you got scarvey

What the hell is that? I’m not itching anywhere. Do I need to go see the Doc or what? :eek:

[QUOTE=DREAMLINER;2307935]Thanks, I think I will do a clean uninstall of version 4 for now and leave 5 & 6 on.

So which one is the last version of 5, and is it still availiable for download?[/QUOTE]

when doing a normal unisntall of any version will not effect another version. however you should keep the installers of v5 and v6 handy if you are going to do the clean uninstall as per stormjumpers instruction. this will delete some common files of all version which are left behind when doing the normal uninstall.

[QUOTE=signals;2307980]The 5.2.5.0 release did not have any of the blu-ray beta junk in it and worked well and was very stable for me. I can send it if someone needs it.[/QUOTE]

I’d appreciate a copy or a download link please. LIke manyu others I was thrown by the numbering system & missed that one. I have 5.2.3.0 installed which is fine for now but having a spare copy of the “final” v5 would be satisfying.