Where to get the Nero registry patch for SB?

vbimport

The links I have been seeing seem dead

The CDFreaks.com servers are in the process of being upgraded. That’s probably the reason for the dead links. Anyway, here you go.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed]
"Enable SolidBurn"=dword:00000001

Copy - Paste this to a text file and save it as EnableSolidBurn.reg. Just double click on it. Alternatively, if you know how, you can make the changes directly in the registry.

Credit to ala42.

His link still works. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys… Ala’s link seems to be intermittently working for some odd reason. :slight_smile:

Is this necessary to do? I’ve got Nero 6.6.0.14 with my retail 1650, and then I updated it to 6.6.1.4. from Nero site…Does this mean that I should do this registry tweak in order to enable SB?

Hi :slight_smile:
If you want to be able to enable/disable SolidBurn/OverSpeed via CD/DVDSpeed, then yes. If your happy setting these via QSuite, then no.

If you don’t intend to use QSuite than yes. (zebadee already answered this in a good way. :slight_smile: )

I use both QSuite and CD-DVD Speed to govern SolidBurn and OverSpeed.
The only version of CD-DVD Speed this function’s were enabled at default was 4.07.

Both of you are experts - I noticed that SB seems to put in a disc into the database of things ‘learned’ even if it is a test burn.

So do test burns work for SB properly?