Where to get Taiyo Yuden DVD+R media in Canada (preferably in the GTA)?

vbimport

I’ve been looking around alot of stores near me in Toronto, and have only found 2 that seem to carry Taiyo Yuden at all, and those were -R 8x.

Does anyone know of a store in Canada that carries the DVD+R Taiyo Yuden media, preferably 16x. I’d prefer a store in the GTA that I could go to in person, but feel free to recommend online stores as well, provided the shipping costs are allright.

I think blankmedia.ca carries genuine TY media, if I’m not mistaken…?
http://www.blankmedia.ca/prodsubcats.asp?id=62

You’re not going to find any 16x Taiyo Yuden DVD+Rs in Canada. :disagree: There aren’t even many stores in the GTA that carry unbranded Taiyo Yuden. Precision Sound Corp. in Toronto carries pretty much the full Taiyo Yuden lineup, but they’re a tad expensive. Take a look at their catalogue.

NCIX and blankmedia are both excellent sources for Taiyo Yuden, and professional Maxell products.

I would recommend these.

If you’re intent on Taiyo Yuden DVD+Rs, Walmart always has lots of MIJ 8X DVD+R 50pks for $25 which are Taiyo Yuden. A good thing about Sony branded Taiyo Yuden is that they have their own internal quality control (or so I am told by dolphinius_rex) which weeds out most of the poorly bonded Taiyo Yuden. :iagree:

Possible good news, for anyone interested. After the first reply to my question, I went to blankmedia.com and after going through the site e-mailed them as to the possibility of them getting 16x +R media. Their reply:

They are being released next week. We should have them shortly
thereafter.

Tom
www.blankmedia.ca

----- Original Message -----
To: <sales@blankmedia.ca>
Cc: <orders@blankmedia.ca>; <webmaster1@blankmedia.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:39 PM
Subject: Ask Us - Product Inquiry

> Name: Andrew
> Phone: ( ON)
>