Where to get improved firmware for Toshiba SD-M1612?

Hello everyone,

I recently became interested in ripping some DVD movies so I can put them to divx for watching on my computer when I noticed the extremely slow rip speeds. I them found all of the discussions about the crippled firmware on my Toshiba SD-M1612 and the talk about a hacked/improved firmware available late last year. None of the links provided are still valid and the big site that everyone mentioned (www.firmware-flash.com) and its mirrors all appear to be dead.

Where can I find this firmware so I can make full use of my drive? Otherwise I will have to go buy a new (never, ever will I buy toshiba again) dvd-rom drive from newegg, but I would like to save the $30 if possible.

Thanks for any help,
Tom

Be patient. It’ll be back up, I’m sure. firmware-flash/rpc1 (they’re the same site) is big–as big as CD Freaks, I guess (?). They went down only very recently (within the past 24 hrs).

http://hijacker.rpc1.org/toshiba_nolimit would be the place.

Hey everyone who replied,

Thanks for the help and funny timing that the time I tried these sites is the one time they were down! :^)

Again, thanks for the link and letting me get the most from my drive.

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks to everyone and especially the link to the firmware page, the flash went without a hitch and it is ripping much faster. Kudos!

Cheers,
Tom