Where to find 9300_10c.bin?

Trying to breath some life back into my 9100. I dont have the HP software installed, and cant find the cd. Does anyone know where to find this?

You want a binary version of the firmware? Does mtkflash work on your drive? If it does and you could read out your current firmware and send me it then maybe I could help further.

ahh…found my cd.

I’ll see if i can grab this firmware off the drive before i flash it.

Maybe you could zip up all of the files that are installed by setup. This might work for others…

alright, got it flashed to 9300.

mtkflash wouldnt work, just sat there for 10 mins. I’ll d/l the full firmware from HP and get the bin from it.

burning a test cd right now, ill see if i can get those HP files too.

BrianG, you mean you flashed your HP 9100 with a 9300 firmware??? where did you get the binary??
I have a 9100 too, and would like to do it too. Please tell me how you did it, since I haven’t found any firmware in HP’s site.

Yes I did it, although its not working 100%. CloneCD works fine, Nero fails, but I think it has something to do with ASPI, which I was fooling with before.

Check here for instructions etc.

The firmware they have you d/l needs the HP software installed, if you dont have it or dont want to install it, I can send the bin file to you.

Does the bin file work with mtkflash?

Originally posted by BrianG

Yes I did it, although its not working 100%. CloneCD works fine, Nero fails, but I think it has something to do with ASPI, which I was fooling with before.

it´s not a aspi driver problem… the drive isnt able to write multisession CDs with HP9300i FW on…it failed evertime i tried it… i sold the burner a few month ago…

mtkflash wont work with that drive since it doesnt use a MediaTek Chipset…

In nero use DAO, TAO doesn’t work