Where to find 1GB 333DDR?

vbimport

I’ve looked everywhere (in Salamanca that is…) and I haven’t found A SINGLE 1GB DDR 333 anywhere!!!

¡ Don’t they exist or WHAT !

YES, they do exist. Check pricewatch.com. There are several places where you can get that memory. (including www.buyaib.com) I dont know is they will ship to you or not though. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Just wondering… what mainboard are you using? There are quite some mainboards that don’t support these amounts of memory (per dimm I mean)!

So, my suggestion: make sure your mainboard supports this kind of memory, before buying it. Also, make sure, that if it’s ECC/registered/buffered memory or not, before buying it…

Well I’m guessing your in Spain, so just go to Kingstons website
Kingston Memory

Select Spain from the counrty list and were to buy from and they will give you a list of sellers.

Their also a part number list below and as you can see Kingston make 1GB DDR modules all the way upto DDR400.
Part Number List

If your intending to put more than one into a system keep them the same (2x1GB kinston modules) dont mix and match with other brands of memory or size. Alot of motherboards designed for standard PC’s become awfully picky when dealing with such large amounts of memory.

Also you dont need ECC registered ram if this is just your personal workstation only servers or mission critical systems should use that stuff.

I saw some in the US at the electronic supershop FRY’s

Originally posted by rocky
[B]Well I’m guessing your in Spain, so just go to Kingstons website
Kingston Memory

Select Spain from the counrty list and were to buy from and they will give you a list of sellers.

Their also a part number list below and as you can see Kingston make 1GB DDR modules all the way upto DDR400.
Part Number List

If your intending to put more than one into a system keep them the same (2x1GB kinston modules) dont mix and match with other brands of memory or size. Alot of motherboards designed for standard PC’s become awfully picky when dealing with such large amounts of memory.

Also you dont need ECC registered ram if this is just your personal workstation only servers or mission critical systems should use that stuff. [/B]

Thanks guys, you’ve been a lot of help, but… My god! They are so expensive! One 1GB 333DDR stick more than 250€ when two 512MB 333DDR stisk const 120€!!!
I guess I’ll have to just buy one 512MB stick and wait till biger modules become cheaper.

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by heffeque
[B]

Thanks guys, you’ve been a lot of help, but… My god! They are so expensive! One 1GB 333DDR stick more than 250€ when two 512MB 333DDR stisk const 120€!!!
I guess I’ll have to just buy one 512MB stick and wait till biger modules become cheaper.

Thanks everyone! [/B]

What is that in US dollars? I’ve seen them for about $219 USD.

Originally posted by xtremeskier97
[B]

What is that in US dollars? I’ve seen them for about $219 USD. [/B]

Well… 1€ is more or less 0,98$ (at least now it is). I looked at the Kinstone memory: not cheap. I supose other non branded ones are A LOT cheaper, but I don’t see no other brand here in Spain with 1GB in one stick.

I hope I’m wrong and I find other brands… that’ll save me some bucks :cool:

Ciao, guys!