Where to buy TY DVD9 DL disc

vbimport

I am a newbie and I use the Verbs made in singapore with no problems. But I would like to try the TY product. Where can I get this media? I am looking for regular, non printable TY DVD9 DL balnk media. Where oh wehere do I go to find this? Thanks all!!

The Taiyo Yuden DL media is DVD-R DL (not DVD+R DL) which is less compatible with DVD players. They are not as widely supported by burners as Verbatim DL media.

I think the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R DL are no longer in production.

I don’t know where you can find any.

Thank you for the reply. sorry to hear that.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2146299]The Taiyo Yuden DL media is DVD-R DL (not DVD+R DL) which is less compatible with DVD players. They are not as widely supported by burners as Verbatim DL media.

I think the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R DL are no longer in production.

I don’t know where you can find any.[/QUOTE]

An acquaintance once said he saw TY DVD-R DL in Japan. Haven’t followed up yet, but since it’s less compatible than +R DL I lost interest. You might be able to find some though chances might be slim.

DVD-R DL is still produced by TY and they can be found in all stores in Japan selling media. They can even be found in stores not selling DVD+R DL…lol
About compatibility: If you live outside of Japan there is no reason to get the TYs. Stick to the Verbatim MIS DVD+R DLs for best quality and compatibility.

saltpeter, where do you live?

TY DL is still available here in germany. :wink:

Florida, USA

There is a web shop in England (DigitalPromo) selling them for £3 PER DISC. I would only be interested in that for experimental purposes.
Best to look for Made In Singaporean Verbatim DVD R DLs.

You can get real Taiyo Yuden D/L media under the " THATS" brand here. But they are expensive .
http://cgi.ebay.com/That-s-Taiyo-Yuden-DVD-R-DL-10-Spin-8X-Printable-CPRM_W0QQitemZ350120879388QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Blank_Media?hash=item350120879388&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I just bought a 10 pack of these from an eBay seller. I will post a full review in the DVD Test subforum.

Thanks for the link, I can’t use DVD+R DL with my old Pioneer player, I suspect DVD-R DL will work fine.

[quote=Harry Tuttle;2158228]Thanks for the link, I can’t use DVD+R DL with my old Pioneer player, I suspect DVD-R DL will work fine.[/quote] Some (older) DVD players simply don’t support recordable dual/double layer media, so don’t stake a fortune on it.

^^Thanks for the info. The dvd started freezing when playing the second layer. It played a little then froze, played a little more then froze etc. I guess there’s no way to know if it’s because of the media or the player other than try a dvd-r dl. It pisses me off because according to videohelp, it’s compatible with dvd+r dl http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers/pioneer-dv-363/2499
edit: it seems it’s only according to one person…

[QUOTE=Harry Tuttle;2158324]^^Thanks for the info. The dvd started freezing when playing the second layer. It played a little then froze, played a little more then froze etc. I guess there’s no way to know if it’s because of the media or the player other than try a dvd-r dl. It pisses me off because according to videohelp, it’s compatible with dvd+r dl http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers/pioneer-dv-363/2499
edit: it seems it’s only according to one person…[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your dvd player is able do play DVD+R DL just fine, only the media used was bad.

But it was a Verbatim!
Although it was burned on a friend’s laptop, but it was brand new so I figured his burner was okay. I’ll retry a Verbatim on my burner before spending a lot of cash on That’s DVD-R DL I think.