Where to buy Taiyo Yuden Online

I am looking for a good source of 40X (Which Taiyo Yuden has verified at 48X coincidently), Taiyo Yuden CDRs.

I live in Canada and want to have some Taiyo Yuden CDs shipped to a relative in the States and then I will pick them up. I can’t simply hope for a good deal at best buy or something next time I am in the states as that is very random.

I tried ordering from cddimensions.com however they are too stupid to bill a Canadian credit card. Suspect they never tried becasue they bill it the (exact) same way as a yankee card. They get paid in US funds and the CC company automatically converts to Canadain Dollars and charges me in Canadian dollars. Difference to cddimensions NONE.

So I need another source of Taiyo Yuden 40X media. Please help!!!

cddimensions.com

u lucky !@#… i live in *.my and they dont ship here… sucks :frowning:

How about the Fuji 40x for sale at BestBuy.com? Same disc.

i have found that fugi cdrs are manufactured by taiyo thru a cdr adapti id program.i get them at k-mart for 17.88 for a 50 pack.

Originally posted by dondon
i have found that fugi cdrs are manufactured by taiyo thru a cdr adapti id program.i get them at k-mart for 17.88 for a 50 pack.

Looking for something shipped to a US address. Although I am real tempted to drive to buffallo and just pick up a ton of CDs. Let us see:

“Anything do declare”

“Two Dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts, and Two hundred blanks CD’s”.

“Give me a donut and i’ll ignore the CDs”.

Or at least I can dream cant I?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
How about the Fuji 40x for sale at BestBuy.com? Same disc.

Can’t find it on the website. Any more informaiton on that???

try here

Originally posted by rdgrimes
try here

They only list Fuji 24X.

nsumner, try here:

http://store.yahoo.com/cdrsolutions/80mintaiyyud.html
80 Minute Taiyo Yuden Silver CD-R Media - 32X Bee Hive 100 Pack. Only $0.26 Each!!
I have been tempted to see if they will ship to Canada.

why not www.cddimensions.com ?
i have bought TY several times from them, they also have the 40/48x media for i think 29 or 30usd per 100

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nsumner
[B]I am looking for a good source of 40X (Which Taiyo Yuden has verified at 48X coincidently), Taiyo Yuden CDRs.

I live in Canada and want to have some Taiyo Yuden CDs shipped to a relative in the States and then I will pick them up. I can’t simply hope for a good deal at best buy or something next time I .

Get the relative to buy them. I think the ones on the www.bestbuy.com are 40x but they say 24x. Best way to do it is to get them to go to Bestbuy and make sure they have the 40x sticker on them.

The following link sells both 32X ($28/100) and 48X ($30/100) Taiyo Yuden bulk CD-Rs:

LINK

The company is located in southern California, and they ship to both the US and Canada (see their terms & policies). I personally don’t buy CD-Rs online because of the shipping charges, but this is an option for people who have no easy access to quality discs at the retail stores.

You can also try at http://mediadepot.ca. I bougt Taiyo Yuden Printable CD-R from them $63 CND/100, arrived in one day! :slight_smile:

BlankMedia.ca

I haven’t bought anything from them yet so I don’t know what kind of service you should expect.

I have only had bad luck with blankmedia.ca I would not recomend them. Others say good things but all me experiences with them have resulted in shit media, at least their DVD’s.

Live in the states, so I’ve never purchased from them:

http://www.ncix.com/search/index.php?Manufacturer=Taiyo%20Yuden&SearchSubmit=1&ShowWidth=1.

If you want to make sure you are buying real, Grade A Taiyo Yuden media, check out Taiyo Yuden’s website for direct sales: http://www.t-yuden.com/reps/index.cfm.

Surprised that no one has listed www.rima.com. Excellent prices on 52x Taiyo Yuden. $24+shipping for a 100 pack.

They offer fast shipping and respond pretty quickly to e-mails, most of the time the very same day and overall are helpful - however once you buy the product you can never e-mail them with problems, they do have an RMA form on their web site, but you have to cover the return shipping !

You end up losing more money. Media seems genuine but I’ve ended up with crap media too, and they were all TYs and verbatims…2 spindles of 100 cd audio and 2 spindles of 100 TY DVD+R…and a few spindles of verbatims all had dye defects many coasters. All came in factory sealed packages… I don’t know if it is more appropriate to blame the maker of those CD/DVDs than blankmedia.ca itself…unless they knowingly buy marginal surplus stock at lower prices.

Prices are a bit on the expensive side, both in products and shipping.

I have ordered from other online stores and have gotten much the same crap… All except blankdvdmedia, where I have gotten RIDATA / RITEKs that had excellent surfaces without defects, dust or fingerprints, despite coming in a tape wrap… only thing is that the tech support with blankdvd is unexistant and the one man run company is very arrogant and misleading in the information he provides…Unfortunately he doesn’t sell taiyo yuden CD-R or DVD+Rs.

Also noticed that the biggest excuse they give you when yuo complain is that famous line “we never had problems before…” “nobody complained about them since we started selling them…” It’s funny because when you read the forums you read otherwise… Also they have a review section and they selectively put the positive reviews and remove the negative ones, they even admit it, so it is very misleading.

The best place to buy media is from your local duplication facility…There are many of those in your area…you go there in person and at least you have peace of mind, and can return a product if it has defects. Of course you will pay a higher price, if you can afford it, go for it.