Where to buy taiyo yuden in toronto

have a hard time locating any dealers that carry taiyo yuden

looking for locations up north

anybody knows if dealers in pacific mall have 'em ?

Unless things are drastically different in Canada, you will have difficulty finding genuine TY discs anywhere at a brick and mortar shop. The last I knew was Fuji Made In Japan discs, but those have since disappeared. I am pretty sure Rima ships to Canada. I recommend you check them out… Great folks to do business with and they sell genuine TY.

BTW, you don’t say whether you’re referring to CD-R or DVDs… I’m assuming you’re taking DVDs here…

You can probably find the TY’s rebadged as Sony at Best Buy, Futureshop, CompUSA, in Toronto. I don’t think I saw them at Pacific Mall when I went there last summer.

If you need to know which Sony’s in particular to look for…refer to this thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=167504&page=5&pp=25

blankmedia.ca is a good place to check out for TY Click here.:wink:

While I love rima, they would NOT be a smart choice for a Canadian. Shipping charges are horrendous (reported in the $20USD range). I agree with the other posts that Japanese made Sonys (Made by Taiyo Yuden) would be the way to go in shops or order from blankmedia.ca. I could be mistaken but I do believe that blankmedia.ca is located near Toronto and if you live close enough you could save on shipping costs.

[QUOTE=lehelke3;1301716]have a hard time locating any dealers that carry taiyo yuden

looking for locations up north

anybody knows if dealers in pacific mall have 'em ?[/QUOTE]

2 years later but if we’re still looking? I’ve been getting 8x TYG02 cake boxes (100 - silver anodized) from www.canadacomputers.com (in store) for the past 8 months at 23.95 ea. They burn at a flawless 12x on Samsung. This is not the shrink packed Value-Line! Some cake boxes are actually TYG03 that burn at 20x… flawless! The problem is that I’m not sure if this is going to last. Inventory is running low. Hopefully they will restock! This is how I came across these , “Where can I buy TY in Toronto threads”.

FYI, places such as Tech Source and Tech Direct do have shrink wrap that claim to be TY Value-Line although I haven’t used them myself.

i live in the states and order all my media from supermediastore. they do have international option.
http://www.supermediastore.com/international-order.html