Where to buy new JVC-branded Taiyo Yuden media for the US?

Hi all- I’m new on this forum and I’ve been surfing the web, looking for a place to buy the new JVC-branded TY blank media. I live in the USA and since the discs are for the European market I’m having a hard time. Actually, the only place I’ve found them for sale right now is http://www.cdrwinkel.com and they only ship to Europe.
And I do indeed realize I could buy TY media unbranded from US sellers, but I have a serious dislike for unbranded media; I much prefer branded media so I can tell who made the disc based on the brand name. (of course taking into account the two are almost always different)

Any advice please on places that would ship the discs to me? I’d appreciate it. :slight_smile:

JVC Advanced Media USA is the US “brand” there is not any “branded” SKUs yet.

You are looking at a JVC brand (not to be confused with JAM which is a TY/JVC “brand” for the United States). It’s not the “US” JVC. I’m not sure what it is. :wink:

The things they do to avoid royalties. Glad to see the ‘brand’ distinctions are getting worse and worse.

Not sure why you would have a serious dislike for unbranded media? The ‘Brand’ does not tell you who made it. I believe JVC has had a few OEMs, some really suck.

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2307313]JVC Advanced Media USA is the US “brand” there is not any “branded” SKUs yet.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion, I mean that I want to import the European JVC-branded TY media into the US where I live. I’m not interested in buying JVC’s domestic media products. I’m just having trouble finding a website that will ship to me.

[QUOTE=The Swill Man;2307315]Sorry for the confusion, I mean that I want to import the European JVC-branded TY media into the US where I live. I’m not interested in buying JVC’s domestic media products. I’m just having trouble finding a website that will ship to me.[/QUOTE]

I, for one, have not seen any of the JVC TY media anywhere over here as yet. I don;t recall anyone else saying they have either.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2308079]I, for one, have not seen any of the JVC TY media anywhere over here as yet. I don;t recall anyone else saying they have either.[/QUOTE]

Oh, they arrived in Europe.
I can find them on ebay.de or shops like cdrwinkel.com.

They are avaiable online for Europe on cdrwinkel.com and on Nierle.
There are both +R and -R.
And cdrwinkel has the scratch proof version too (about double price for the same quantity ov DVDs).
Are they really better than the regular ones?

And… Nierle and Cdrwinkel have JVC-Yuden CDr too! :bow:

[QUOTE=TheBlind;2308242]They are avaiable online for Europe on cdrwinkel.com and on Nierle.
There are both +R and -R.
And cdrwinkel has the scratch proof version too (about double price for the same quantity ov DVDs).
Are they really better than the regular ones?

And… Nierle and Cdrwinkel have JVC-Yuden CDr too! :bow:[/QUOTE] I know… and I’m trying very hard to resist buying more media I don’t need, just because it’s available! :doh::o

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

XMEDIATRADE in LUXEMBOURG http://www.xmediatrade.com/search.php?keywords=jvc&x=0&y=0

Delivery and shipping costs http://www.xmediatrade.com/en/info/shipping-costs/

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2308269]I know… and I’m trying very hard to resist buying more media I don’t need, just because it’s available! :doh::o

Welcome to CDFreaks! :)[/QUOTE]
Oh lol!!
I may understand you!
I’ve just ordered some of them (3x25 DVD+R Scratchproof) even if I had about 200 blank DVDs at home (Verbatim Made in India, not really good and some very good Maxell).
I was looking for genuine Taiyo Yuden labeled since long time, but never comes here in Italy. Verbatim Pastel disc are out of stock almost everywhere.
Now, I think i’ll have one of the best media for long time optical storage…:cool:

Proud to be a CdFreaker… lol!!!

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2307312]JVC Advanced Media USA is the US “brand” there is not any “branded” SKUs yet.

You are looking at a JVC brand (not to be confused with JAM which is a TY/JVC “brand” for the United States). It’s not the “US” JVC. I’m not sure what it is. :wink:

The things they do to avoid royalties. Glad to see the ‘brand’ distinctions are getting worse and worse.

Not sure why you would have a serious dislike for unbranded media? The ‘Brand’ does not tell you who made it. I believe JVC has had a few OEMs, some really suck.[/QUOTE]

Very true for JVC’s consumer media division in the USA. That subsidiary has no current plans to put TY discs in any of its US-market packages. This means that for the foreseeable future they will continue to distribute non-TY discs (which most recently has been Ritek) for the US market.

[QUOTE=Womi;2308095]Oh, they arrived in Europe.
I can find them on ebay.de or shops like cdrwinkel.com.[/QUOTE]

Nowhere to be found in the UK as yet. I’m attempting to not purchase any more media in the short term, have too much to use up. I’ll wait for them to appear here to save on post :cool:

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2307312]JVC Advanced Media USA is the US “brand” there is not any “branded” SKUs yet.

You are looking at a JVC brand (not to be confused with JAM which is a TY/JVC “brand” for the United States). It’s not the “US” JVC. I’m not sure what it is. :wink: [/quote]
It’s TY. TY seems to hold the rights to use the JVC name for media worlwide these days.

Not sure why you would have a serious dislike for unbranded media? The ‘Brand’ does not tell you who made it. I believe JVC has had a few OEMs, some really suck.

Those were the old days. The new situation is that JVC media =TY only. Untill TY decides differently.

Coming soon:

http://www.jam-eu.com