Where to buy MAM-E media in U.S?

I want to buy some of the MAM-E Pro gold CDRs for long term picture storage but can’t seem to find anyone who sells them.

Not too concerned about cost because I would only need a few, and it would be worth it to not have to worry about losing pictures.

Originally posted by ck42

I want to buy some of the MAM-E Pro gold CDRs for long term picture storage but can’t seem to find anyone who sells them.

In the US of A those are called [COLOR=blue]MAM-A . ‘E’ stands for Europe, accordingly ‘A’ - can you guess ? :bigsmile:

MAM-A Inc. was founded in March 1996 for the production and sales of recordable compact discs. Its 50,000 sq. ft. plant is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado where the CD-R media is manufactured in a state-of-the-art clean room environment. The MAM GOLD discs uses Mitsui Chemical’s patented dye and has a characteristic gold color. This combination of dye and pure gold provide superior longevity, high-speed writing and quality recording up to 52X. MAM-A has earned a reputation in North America for producing the highest quality (professional grade) recordable media available.

MAM manufactures CD-R media in 650 MB and 700 MB capacities, with reflective surfaces of silver or gold. DVD-R media is manufactured in 4.7 GB capacities. MAM operates two manufacturing facilities worldwide for the production of CD-R and DVD-R media. Facilities are located in Colorado, USA, and in Alsace France.

MAM-A is a subsidiary of Computer Support Italcard (CSI) of Milan Italy, a leader in the production of CD-r, DVD-R, micro floppy disc, paper products, CD-ROM and CD-Audio. CSI was created in 1997 through a fusion between two companies, Computer Support Italy and Italcard. Italcard was a market leader in the production of listing forms for printers born in 1975. The 150,000 sq. ft. facility at Milan, Italy employs approximately 320.

click on the images to found out more :

< @mam-a.com

< @cascademedia.net

< @wemakemusic.net

< @cddimensions.com

< @cdplanet.com

[/COLOR]

BoSkin:

Thnx for that clarification.

Is THIS
or
THIS
an example of the MAM-A technology I seek?

…I just want whatever it is that is suppose to have the multi-centenial longevity.

Originally posted by ck42

BoSkin :

Thnx for that clarification.

…I just want whatever it is that is suppose to have the multi-centenial longevity.
You are welcome !

Well, the one from CDDimensions.com is the cheaper option.
But I’m sure you can find still cheaper than $0.87 á piece.

As far as I can tell [COLOR=blue]wemakemusic.net have absolutely ASTONISHING prices for their Mitsui - $0.17-0.18 á piece.

If I were you I’d contact them ASAP, without hesitation.[/COLOR] :smiley:

MAM Gold Longevity

The Light Fastness Test shows that MAM Gold will withstand the full spectrum of light, same as the sun, for 100 continuous hours without damage.

Our competitors’ discs, with cyanine dye, begin to deteriorate after only 20 hours and fails at 65 hours. The results are similar when discs are subjected to high heat and humidity.

Using data from tests like these, industry standard guidelines predict that MAM Gold CD-R will last greater than 100 years! (In fact, if you extend the chart [lower right], the data predicts a lifetime of up to 300 years before failing at the Orange Book limit of 220 CPS)

All MAM CD-R discs are manufactured with our patented Phthalocyanine Dye (thalo-sy-a-neen) providing the longest lived recordable media available.

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]You are welcome !

Well, the one from CDDimensions.com is the cheaper option.
But I’m sure you can find still cheaper than $0.87 á piece.

As far as I can tell [COLOR=blue]wemakemusic.net have absolutely ASTONISHING prices for their Mitsui - $0.17-0.18 á piece.

Sorry to say but that’s the silver stuff. And the silver coloured ones are not known for the high quality procedure.

What the guy asked for is the GOLD ones. Which are most times quite expensive but have still a decent quality controle and use higher quality chemicals.

Originally posted by dakhaas

Sorry to say but that’s the silver stuff. And the silver coloured ones are not known for the high quality procedure.

What the guy asked for is the GOLD ones. Which are most times quite expensive but have still a decent quality controle and use higher quality chemicals.
dakhaas,

well, first of all, please edit my quotation correctly, the way I did yours here - neat, isn’t it ?!
If you don’t know how to handle it , do not quote at all, 'coz it looks like hell in that case. :smiley:

I was aware of what he had asked for. Keep in mind that his post had been unanswered for a pretty long time before I reply it.
My recent suggestion wasn’t about the quality, but about the low price. I didn’t want anybody to get me wrong here.
It’s absolutely up to ck42 what to buy.
Besides, I guess there was given enough food for thoughts in my previous post.

Still the person asked for gold.
And while I do agree the price of your link is quite good. However it is not the product which was the person looking for.
(Would be something like recommending a Sony CD player to someone who want a Sony DVD player. A well you get the point )

Originally posted by dakhaas

Still the person asked for gold.

Blah-blah-blah…
There was rather enough info with the Gold stuff recomended in my 1st post.

I can hardly imagine the one not being capable of choosing the cheapest one of those 2 :

http://www.cddimensions.com/cd-r_media/mtc-r74tgg-cb.asp
&
http://www.cascademedia.net/cgi-bin/cmedia/MitgoldJwl.html?id=vXzRPHfK

How about your proposals ? Have you offered him anything here :confused: , you know what I mean ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, it would be better for you if you corrected my quotation. :wink:

www.mediasupply.com

Mitsui 74/80 Silver
Mitsui 74/80 Gold
Taiyo Yuden 74/80
CD/DVD Media

They got all you’ll ever need.

The MAM-E factory is located at ENSISHEIM in FRANCE
and they have a website in english: www.mam-e.com
with on-line shoping