Where to buy ip5000?

vbimport

I was wondering where i can purchase an ip5000 and the differences between the 5000 and the 4500. I’ve owned the hp d5360 and in laments terms the printer sucked. Im really big into cd/dvd labeling now for some odd reason and would love to hear peoples opinions and places to buy.

I think the only place you will find a Canon iP5000 is ebay and it will likely be used. If you find a new one be prepared to pay well over $200 for as it was about the top of the line for non-chipped cartridges and those printers that use the BCI-6 carts are in high demand, even used ones. What reason do you want an iP5000 over a newer one?

[QUOTE=rocksnboarder;2072370]I was wondering where i can purchase an ip5000 and the differences between the 5000 and the 4500. I’ve owned the hp d5360 and in laments terms the printer sucked. Im really big into cd/dvd labeling now for some odd reason and would love to hear peoples opinions and places to buy.[/QUOTE]

Obviously the main difference will be the un-chiped tanks. The IP4500 has an improved head design and faster speeds. For the increased cost of the IP5000 you could buy a few sets of IP4500 tanks. Considering that the IP4500 comes with a set of full tanks, it really only costs about $50. If you find one, expect a new IP5000 to cost $200-300.

I’m really not sure how good the new canons are at printing cd’s and these are the only canons really talked about in these forums. If anyone could give me advice on newer canons that would be great.

The iP4500 is a good printer, IMO. Also, you can refill the cartridges in it but you lose the ink monitoring through the software and it voids the warranty. IMO, this is a more than acceptable trade-off since you can refill for less than $1.00 per cartridge verses buying Canon OEM cartridges for $12-$15 per cartridge. You save enough on one refill to more than buy another printer so the warranty issue is irrelevant. The newer printers have just as good, if not better, print quality. That goes for photos, DVD, draft types of printing. Keep in mind that Canon printers sold in the USA are not capable of printing on DVD/CDs right out of the box. You will need to buy a disc tray off ebay and change some printer settings to have that capability.

Where do you ghet ink cartridges for less than a dollar?

[QUOTE=rocksnboarder;2072722]Where do you ghet ink cartridges for less than a dollar?[/QUOTE]

You don’t get cartridges. You refill the OEM cartridges that come with the printer. There are chip resetters now for the CLI-8 cartridges if you want to maintain ink monitoring.

I’m sorry. Do you have to send your ink cartridges to get filled. How does the process work? Im new to printers.

[QUOTE=rocksnboarder;2073005]I’m sorry. Do you have to send your ink cartridges to get filled. How does the process work? Im new to printers.[/QUOTE]

Best that you not get sidetracked on this. Assume you will be using Canon tanks, or in the case of an IP5000, compatible tanks. One good place to get the older “6” compatible tanks is www.alotofthings.com.

[QUOTE=rocksnboarder;2073005]I’m sorry. Do you have to send your ink cartridges to get filled. How does the process work? Im new to printers.[/QUOTE]

I buy my canon BCI-6 compatible cartridges from here: https://www.neximaging.com/ I don’t send in used ink tanks. The cartridges are new and never used. Keep n mind the BCI-6 cartridges do not have chips in them like the CLI-8 cartridges used in the newer Canon inkjet printers.

[QUOTE=UTR;2072399]I think the only place you will find a Canon iP5000 is ebay and it will likely be used. If you find a new one be prepared to pay well over $200 for as it was about the top of the line for non-chipped cartridges and those printers that use the BCI-6 carts are in high demand, even used ones. What reason do you want an iP5000 over a newer one?[/QUOTE]

Ive just heard bad things about the newer models of canons plain and simple. Again, I’m still new to printers so if you think I’m wrong let me know. Keep in mind that I really need a printer that labels dvds.

Thanks guys

[QUOTE=UTR;2072703]The iP4500 is a good printer, IMO. Also, you can refill the cartridges in it but you lose the ink monitoring through the software and it voids the warranty. IMO, this is a more than acceptable trade-off since you can refill for less than $1.00 per cartridge verses buying Canon OEM cartridges for $12-$15 per cartridge. You save enough on one refill to more than buy another printer so the warranty issue is irrelevant. The newer printers have just as good, if not better, print quality. That goes for photos, DVD, draft types of printing. Keep in mind that Canon printers sold in the USA are not capable of printing on DVD/CDs right out of the box. You will need to buy a disc tray off ebay and change some printer settings to have that capability.[/QUOTE]

Where can you refill for a dollar?

[QUOTE=rocksnboarder;2073749]Where can you refill for a dollar?[/QUOTE]

You buy ink refill kits and refill the cartridges yourself at home.

[QUOTE=UTR;2073777]You buy ink refill kits and refill the cartridges yourself at home.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Just bought an ip-4500. Hope all goes well.

Last question before I stop bothering you guys for a while. What site did you purchase the ink refill kits because I haven’t found them that cheap.

[QUOTE=rocksnboarder;2073781]Thanks for the info. Just bought an ip-4500. Hope all goes well.

Last question before I stop bothering you guys for a while. What site did you purchase the ink refill kits because I haven’t found them that cheap.[/QUOTE]

Here is one that I think is decent quality: http://tinyurl.com/6d2w5a