Where to buy Dual Digital Storage in the USA?

vbimport

I have an IOMagic-branded black Dual Digital Storage drive (40x CDR, 8x DVDR, 7 in 1 card reader) which I think is a BTC-made 1008IM.

This is the 4th such drive I bought, the previous three all were returned to Fry’s within a few months of being bought due to all three no longer reading/writing CDs, just like the two previous BTC 1008IMs DVDRW drives I had.

My current IOMagic DDS drive always gets kicked into PIO mode. Every few weeks/months I have to remove the IOMagic and put an Asus CDROM in its place, then boot up the computer. Then I have to turn off the computer and reinstall the IOMagic to make the IOMagic DMA mode again.

I know there were double layer Dual Digital Storage drives marketed as both BTC and Emprex, but I never did see any of these in US stores. The only ones I’ve found still for sale are from obscure British computer sites.

If anyone knows of any stores in the USA (online or B&M) that sell the double layer Dual Digital Storage drives, please let me know.

Hi,

My current IOMagic DDS drive always gets kicked into PIO mode. Every few weeks/months I have to remove the IOMagic and put an Asus CDROM in its place, then boot up the computer. Then I have to turn off the computer and reinstall the IOMagic to make the IOMagic DMA mode again.
This might be due to reading problems, maybe because of a bad disc. In that case, Windows often switches back to PIO mode. Physically swapping the drive is absolutely not necessary: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

If anyone knows of any stores in the USA (online or B&M) that sell the double layer Dual Digital Storage drives, please let me know.
Why do you want to buy the same drive again, if they go bad after a rather short time :confused:

Michael

It’s actually not the same drive. The one I’m looking for is a 2016IB, which has 16x DVD writing speeds, double layer support, and 48x CD writing speeds. My current one is only 8x DVD writing and 40x CD writing. I already have the same Emprex/BTC drive in another computer, though it’s a standard drive with no USB port/card reader.