Where to buy BD-R DL?

vbimport

Hi,

I’m looking to buy BD-R DL. In the past, I ordered TDK (media -id : TDK- RFB ) but the last are of lower quality (media-id : CMC MAG ). So I look for a new product of better quality.

Do you have any advise brands? Sellers ?

Thank you for your help

Where are you located test-ddl?

If you are in the US, Adorama has 50gb Panasonic discs, which are probably the best available anywhere. Not cheap however: http://www.adorama.com/PCLMBR50LDE.html

If you want 50 of them: http://www.digistor.com/Blu-ray-Recordable-Media/50GB-BD-R-Printable/Panasonic-50GB-6X-BD-R-Double-Layer-50-Disc-Spindle-PAN-LM-BRS5MW50P Much less expensive per disc.

If the mid code is CMC MAG BA5, I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve used blank BD-Rs with that mid code for the past couple of years and have found them good, reliable and relatively inexpensive discs. :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

I live in France. During my previous order, I order directly in Japan.

Do you know the media-id of Panasonic? It’s the same unit or in spindle 50 discs ?Panasonic exists in spindle 20 discs?

@philamber
My discs have a media- id CMC-MAD-DI6 and are sold under the TDK brand. CMC MAG BA5 are 25GB discs , right?

Thank you for your help

Panasonic DL Blu-ray discs use MEI T01-001 and MEI T02-001 mid codes. There may be others I don’t remember offhand, but they should start with MEI.

I’ve seen them sold in packs of 10 and spindles of 25.

Thank you for the information . I’ll get if I find the spindle 25 discs.

Do you know the Victor-JVC discs? They seem manufactured by Panasonic and sold cheaper. Are they of good quality ?

The Victor-JVC DL BD-R use the MEI mid codes and are made by Panasonic, but there have been reports of them being lesser quality.

On the other hand, jadburner, who is very experienced with all types of optical media, had no problems with them. The JVC discs might be worth a shot if you can get them for less and in a small quantity.

Okay, I’m especially looking at the side of the Panasonic .

What do you think of the repackaged discs sold over the Internet ? Advise sellers ( smartimports , play- japan…) ? Ebay sellers (jp-buy, u-japan, buy-in-japan, japan-stop…) ?

[QUOTE=test-ddl;2745530]Okay, I’m especially looking at the side of the Panasonic .

What do you think of the repackaged discs sold over the Internet ? Advise sellers ( smartimports , play- japan…) ? Ebay sellers (jp-buy, u-japan, buy-in-japan, japan-stop…) ?[/QUOTE]

I’ve never ordered from them. To be honest, I’m not sure how to evaluate those resellers, as I’ve heard both good stories about them and bad.

Perhaps someone with direct experience will chip in here and tell us how they fared.

Hello,

I found a seller (jp-buy ) on ebay that sells 10 Panasonic BD-R DL at the price $ 51.89. He confirmed that the disks were manufactured in Japan and owned the media-id MEI type.

I think to order me to see the result .

[QUOTE=test-ddl;2745491]
@philamber
My discs have a media- id CMC-MAD-DI6 and are sold under the TDK brand. CMC MAG BA5 are 25GB discs , right?[/QUOTE]
You’re quite right. Sorry. I overlooked that you were looking for dual layer discs. :o

Hello,

I ordered ten blank discs twice. The first is a Panasonic and sells by jp-buy on eBay. The second is a JVC and sells by buy-in-japan also on eBay.
I hope to receive them next week to test the quality of the media.

Both are reliable sources, I’ve ordered countless times stuff from them.

I buy VERBATIM BD-DL discs at Ebay direct from Japan in very good quality.

OK, it’s great if they are good sellers.

How seller did you ordered your Verbatim discs Bocken Bruse? I think I ordered (maybe Sony also) to test.

[QUOTE=test-ddl;2746544]OK, it’s great if they are good sellers.

How seller did you ordered your Verbatim discs Bocken Bruse? I think I ordered (maybe Sony also) to test.[/QUOTE]
Check out these links at EBAY.COM.

It depends of wich quantities you are interested of.

There are 2 or 3 sellers directly from japan, they sell the real deal!

No idea how customs are over there (USA), here we must pay customs (in-VAT) for all goods & shipping from outside EU together with a value of OVER €23.
Darn $uck€r$!

Buy-in-japan has some good deals. I like the 50GB Taiyo Yuden, they are TDK MID.

Think I saw them for $143 - 2x 30 pack spindles which is 60 discs. That’s in AUD too, so less for USD etc. That’s less than $2.50 per disc which is very good IMO.

It’s getting hard to find sealed Panasonic DL, before I could buy packs of 10 (slim case) for about 47€. Now I only could find one pack of 5 for 30€. Is this speculation?

I read that this one are real Panasonic (MEI-T02-001), but I’m not sure that’s guarantee enough to buy it?

edit: just found this pack, package is different and it’s no tough-coat, I’m unsure how it compares to the classic blue package with the above MID code.

[QUOTE=Dogway;2754891]
I read that this one are real Panasonic (MEI-T02-001), but I’m not sure that’s guarantee enough to buy it?[/QUOTE]

As long as it’s the Yellow (not Blue) Verbatim DL BD-R cakebox they will have the Panasonic MID. You can always double check with the seller as well prior to purchasing.