Where is your NEC-Sony-Optiarc made in?

vbimport

I just got mine, a Nec-Sony-Optiarc AD-7203S (“S” means SATA) and says “made in China”. I didn’t thought of checking right away at the store.

After powering on my machine I heard some strange sounds. The same sound is heard each time I press the button to draw the tray back in. It is probably the “natural” sound of the device, but that sound along with “made in China” gets me into some worry :-/

So, where is your NEC-Sony-Optiarc manufactured? And how satisfied are you from it so far? (quality of burns)

No idea where my Optiarc 5170S was made (never taken it out of my Dell), but I’ve been more than happy with the quality of it’s burns over the last year.

It’s geat to hear :smiley: But I wanted to corelate the place of manufacturing with the quality of burns.

Mine 7203S is made in china too. But I am more than happy with it’s results.

Most of the previous models were made in Malaysia, the current 72xx series all seem to be made in China. No problem there as far as i’m concerned, as these drives continue to impress people with their writing quality.

Thank you :smiley:

I am relieved :slight_smile:

am having some difficulty making a burn without “glitces” (what is the right word for these “ups-and-downs” in the graph?). Perhaps I am having the wrong media. Anyway, since that I another issue, I just opened another thread.

jsmith6,
Just posted in your thread.
I reckon the burner & media should be fine.
But the LG as a scanner.
Debatable.
No other drives at your disposal?
Lite-On, BenQ etc.

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2092267]Most of the previous models were made in Malaysia, the current 72xx series all seem to be made in China. No problem there as far as i’m concerned, as [B][U]these drives continue to impress people with their writing quality[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

I must say that I wasn’t much impressed with my older necs (4550 and 4571 - bad support, one failed after a month and second had glitch around 3GB(?) ). Nonetheless local users experience with 720x series did convince me to give it a try and I am glad I did so.

[QUOTE=jsmith6;2090460]but that sound along with “made in China” gets me into some worry :-/[/quote]Nothing wrong with Made in China nowadays.

Nothing wrong with Made in China nowadays.

except for lead paint hehe

[QUOTE=jigsw;2098488]except for lead paint hehe[/QUOTE]They may still have some kinks to iron out, but it could also just be the fact that 1/3 (or whatever) of the stuff you buy is from there, so there’s also a 1/3 chance for bad products to be from there.