Where is your favorite place to order media in the US?

Supermediastore was the place i just ordered my printable DVD-R’s from and i’ve heard of Meritline and Rima but are there any other good ones besides the obvious places like Newegg? I’m looking to buy a couple of DVD-RW or DVD+RW discs and most of them charge quite a bit for shipping and like i said, i only need like two or three. Any other good online media vendors?

www.rima.com is my recommendation. I don’t recommend meritline given their overall customer ratings.

Another vote for Rima. Great people to deal with, dependable outfit.

-Evan-

Most people will probably say Rima, but it’s so easy to find cheap TY or MCC media in stores these days, I haven’t needed to use it yet.

Could you name your brands for those TY and MCC’s? Thx!

Another vote for RIMA.com.

Sure, all I do is watch the Sunday ads for Fuji or Verbatim media. They generally go on sale every couple weeks at Best Buy. Fuji, of course, requires you to ensure it’s “Made In Japan” media.

Rima Rima Rima :clap:

TYs from Rima.com are :bow: :bow:

If you plan to buy from stores, BestBuy has the best deals I’ve seen yet. Their Sony MIJ and Verbatims are as very good. BB also has some great deals on memorex CMC media - good if you want to do a lot of tests, send out a lot of copies for friends etc.

MCC --> Verbatim 8x and 16x sale
TY, YUDEN000T02 +R 8x --> Fuji, TDK, Sony- Made in Japan.
TY, TYG02 -R 8x --> Fuji and TDK - Made in Japan. PS: Sony -R 8x is never TY eventhough made in japan.

Thank you tehGrue and zevia!
Where I live there are no Fujis in the shops and Verbatims are priced through the roof, never seen them on sales. The TDKs were my “missing link” :wink: Guess I might have better luck with them in the local shops. Thank you!

FYI, it’s only for the US market. Other parts of the world may be different. :wink:

just a bit off topic. Since TYs from rima are the best, can anyone tell me about this product. http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1160&Category_Code=TY Does it have that dye cyanine, does it cause less wear and tear on lasers? Would anyone know where i can get super good quality media cdrs?

Rima is considered one of the best e-tailors because they have been an honest and dependable merchant when it comes to selling products as stated. It’s not that their TY is better than anyone elses. It’s that you get what you pay for - no switched orders or lesser graded media than advertised or faked MID “TY”. For more info see http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2551.html.

Yes, a proprietary cyanine dye called “Super Cyanine DX”: http://www2.yuden.co.jp/hp/com/catalog/PDF_CATALOG/PDF/MCDR_E.PDF.

I am not concerned about laser “wear and tear”.

These are the “super good quality media” you are looking for.

thanks very much, I will go through to buying these babies.

Staples, free next day shipping , but not all the mest brands. When on sale some great deals on Sony, Maxell, hp, even their Staples (CMC MAG) not all that bad, have gotten 50 discs for under $8 on sale, 10 hp +R 4x $4.90 with cases. Just worth a look from time to time.

The problem with store re-brands is that you can’t always get exactly what you are looking for. Only certain Fujis are worth the investment. Not all stores stock the MIJ discs and there is no gaurantee that you will get them if you order online.

Surprised no one said Newegg yet. The free shipping and no tax is great for me. And they usually get me my order in 2-3 days.

Rima / ACCA Recording Products

Not a huge selection, but you know exactly what you’re getting. They ship quickly and have real people available to answer questions.

@ Plexed: Newegg’s the bomb for many things, but you still have to play the MID code guessing game when looking for certain DVD blanks.

okay, i bought a pack of these http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1160&Category_Code=TY and i took a look at them. The discs are completely plain, no brands. Funny thing is, when i identify the disc when its empty it is recognized as a Taiyo Yuden disc, but after i burn something on it, it is recognized as [unknown manufacture] pressed disc. Any explanation on this? thanks