Where in usa, to buy geforce4

i’m a not american that is currrently in USA for 15 more days … i’m looking for a gefore4 Ti4200/4600 … looked in best buy, circuit city and all … but they are really expensive, compared to the on-line shops … the thing then is … where can i buy a gf4? on line or in store … i’m in dallas fort woth by the way …

yes, i have allready looked at newegg … but they don’t take my international credit card, even if i’m here in USA for 15 days! so stupid of them (“Newegg.com does not accept any international credit card. All orders via international credit card will be refused.”) … same with googlegear … that is the problem … any other recomendations?

why not try a radeon 9***?
performance is very good and the price is not far from a geforce4

The problem is he can’t find a place that takes Int. plastic. Well, there’s an option in Dell.com’s check out that asks if you’ll export the item. Maybe they take Int. plastic. You can try. Do a search for dell.com coupons on google and see if you can find any good deals.

well, i finally found good prices at Frys … they have the Visiontek XTASY for 120 (64MB), and the Leadtek Winfast A180 130 (64MB) … by the way, the ATI’s where a hole lot more expensive … any recomendations over Visiontek vs Leadtek?

Both of those are GF4 MX boards, not Ti 4x00’s.

But if you still want to buy one, the leadtek is the better choice because leadtek actually still exists :slight_smile:

Although a Radeon 9100 is better than either of those :slight_smile:

Originally posted by baracus
[B]Both of those are GF4 MX boards, not Ti 4x00’s.

But if you still want to buy one, the leadtek is the better choice because leadtek actually still exists :slight_smile:

Although a Radeon 9100 is better than either of those :slight_smile: [/B]

both are GeForce4 Ti4200 not mx … they both cost 130 … is visiontek closed?

the A180 series is GF4 MX, but that’s only according to the Leadtek Website:

http://www.leadtek.com.tw/www/Web_Leadtek/vga/A180_DDRTH_myvivo.asp

And yes, visiontek went under a while ago, XTASY was their brand of vid cards as well, not a specific model.

[B]the A180 series is GF4 MX, but that’s only according to the Leadtek Website:

http://www.leadtek.com.tw/www/Web_Leadtek/vga/A180_DDRTH_myvivo.asp

And yes, visiontek went under a while ago, XTASY was their brand of vid cards as well, not a specific model. [/B]

well … the Visiontek definetivelly says Ti 4200

and the MX was much more cheap

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1643&p=12

also, got any 9100 benchs? against 4200?

and is visiontek closed?

Normally I will shut up after I’ve proven my point, but I feel like making sure you don’t end up with a POS GF4 MX :slight_smile:

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3517894

Leadtek WinFast A180 DDR TDH 64MB 8X AGP Video Card with nVidia’s GeForce4 MX440 3D Chip $129.99

That’s from Fry’s online store, maybe they’re wrong too?

AS far as the Visiontek goes, I can’t find a single Ti4200 on the frys website, if it’s a 4200, and you’re absolutely sure it is, I guess it will fit the bill for you :slight_smile:

[B]Normally I will shut up after I’ve proven my point, but I feel like making sure you don’t end up with a POS GF4 MX :slight_smile:

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3517894

Leadtek WinFast A180 DDR TDH 64MB 8X AGP Video Card with nVidia’s GeForce4 MX440 3D Chip $129.99

That’s from Fry’s online store, maybe they’re wrong too?

AS far as the Visiontek goes, I can’t find a single Ti4200 on the frys website, if it’s a 4200, and you’re absolutely sure it is, I guess it will fit the bill for you :slight_smile: [/B]

maybe you are right … but i do remember seing a Vistiontek MX for about 90 … maybe the box is wrong then … cause it says “GeForce4 Ti 4200” … and the other sayd something like “Geforce4 4400 MX” … also … did you looked at the anandtech article? there you have the Visiontek GF4 Ti 4200 … and last … as far as i know the MX are not “Ti” are they?

Edit: i don’t have the LT here to confirm, but i do have not 1, but 2 VT ones … i would check tomorrow

It’s not really an issue for me.

I know Visiontek had GF4 Ti cards, I know Leadtek does as well, I assumed from the comparison you drew in the initial post, that you had chosen two identical cards, if that is not the case, it may help to be more specific in the future :slight_smile:

I’d just rather not see someone get taken in by a confusing labelling scheme at a store, or by misleading packaging on the box.

At 129.99 the Leadtek is grossly overpriced.

I can’t find reference to the Visiontek, so I can’t draw a conclusion about it. Visiontek went under a while back, and they’ve come back as an ATI card maker. I don’t know if they still support their Nvidia cards, but I have seem a mass offloading of their old inventory on clearance sites, etc. As well as heard stories of people who had cards RMA’d when the company went under, and never got them back.

[B]I assumed from the comparison you drew in the initial post, that you had chosen two identical cards, if that is not the case, it may help to be more specific in the future :slight_smile:

At 129.99 the Leadtek is grossly overpriced.

[/B]

i think the LT is a Ti 4200, but as i don’t have one with me, i can’t confirm, i would probably go tomorrow to check out, and if they are, i would change the VT for them … obviusly if they are MX, they are well overpriced

so, if they are really Ti4200, would you choose LT instead?

Me personally, I wouldn’t buy a Visiontek, because I am unsure of the warranty on it. If you don’t live in the US or Canada, I think the Warranty isn’t an issue for you anyways (because you’re likely excluded from eligibility).

Really, I just wanted to save you from making a mistake and wasting your hard earned dough on something that might have been mislabelled or misrepresented by the sales people or instore advertisements.

yes, i live outside US/CA … but brand wise, LT is better then? … i never doubt of your intentions :wink:

Just for clarification, I’ve taken the prices from newegg.com.

LEADTEK WINFAST A180 GEFORCE4 MX440 64MB = $79
LEADTEK WINFAST A280 GEFORCE4 TI 4200 128MB = $155

Just so you know, Fry’s, Best Buy, and CompUSA love to over charge for their products. Well, more like following MSRP prices.

BTW, VisionTek is still here. The only difference is it has terminated its contract w/ nVidia and is only dealing w/ ATI now.

So I’m checking out Fry’s/Outpost and the only VT GeForce models they have are GF2 MX200, GF4 MX420 & MX440.

Sharky Extreme did a review on the VT GF4 Ti4200 a while ago and has a pic of the box.

GRAPHICS FIRM VISIONTEK, now firmly in the ATI rather than the Nvidia camp, said it has announced a pre-order programme for its Xtasy 9800 Pro 3D graphics card.

The card uses the ATI Radeon 9800, and the firm said that it has introduced the prog to let gamers pre-order from hard core resellers.

Those resellers include amazon.com, CompUSA, Fry’s and gamestop.com, said Michael Innes, director of sales and marketing at Visiontek. The cards will ship from resellers to consumers on March 31st, he said.

The Xtasy card includes 128MB of DDR memory and has an estimated cost of $399, Visiontek said.

Yes VT still exists, I was under the impression they were snapped up after declaring bankruptcy and are now under new management, selling ATI products.

If that is not the case, why was the old merchandise auctioned off in bulk, and people with RMAs in screwed out of not only a replacement, but their broken card in the first place?

whatever the case, it’s obvious that as they desided to focus on ATI, they wanted to seld all the GF4 cards …

about the Leadtek vs Videotek, no matter what they do sell now, which should be better, being both GF4 Ti4200?