Where I can host my media files?

vbimport

I run a Video studio in Oakville. I used to store all the videos and media in external hard disks. But now it become pretty hard to manage all the files in hard disks. I am thinking about uploading them to a web server. But I don’t know which is the best company for cloud hosting. I heard that companies like Amazon require me to pay huge monthly bills. One of the designer in my studio suggested cloud hosting by Stage2Data but I think it is a company for hosting websites. Any thoughts?

[QUOTE=Jeremiah123;2761831]I run a Video studio in Oakville. I used to store all the videos and media in external hard disks. But now it become pretty hard to manage all the files in hard disks. I am thinking about uploading them to a web server. But I don’t know which is the best company for cloud hosting. I heard that companies like Amazon require me to pay huge monthly bills. One of the designer in my studio suggested cloud hosting by Stage2Data but I think it is a company for hosting websites. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
There is no such thing as a free media hosts server cloud once you reach beyond a certain point if you want to use their services you will have to pay to use their services. There is no way around it and also if your media comes under DMCA you can also find yourself in legal trouble as well so before you upload your videos and media you should double check they will not get hit with a DMCA. If your plan to use their services for torrent you should be careful to read their Policy on such usage otherwise they can remover your data and terminate your account.

There are places… For example, if you’re the copyright owner, you can spread your (large) files on the free offer of:

[ul]
[li]Micro$oft OneDrive (unfortunately, what used to be SkyDrive)
[/li][li]Dropbox (add-on, free, space available to be gotten in a few not-so-hard ways)
[/li][li]Etc.[/ul]
[/li]Then, there are [B]encrypted[/B] services, such as MEGA; however:

http://www.cloudwards.net/review/mega/

(I’ve had [B]no[/B] problems with it, but who knows really if the files will be there tomorrow :))

… Sometimes, if you get lucky enough - there are promotions, such as this won:

http://www.cnet.com/news/get-50gb-of-at-t-locker-cloud-storage-for-free/

=)

[QUOTE=Nostromov;2770223]Dropbox (add-on, free, space available to be gotten in a few not-so-hard ways)[/QUOTE]

I actually have a question about this. I emptied my Dropbox because it said I was near the limit and I needed access to public folders that I had been invited to. But when I went to accept the invitation, it said the Dropbox didn’t have enough room and I needed to upgrade (buy more space). What is going on? It seems like this is just a ploy to get me to spend money. Or could it be that there is too much data on the other end which is why it won’t approve the invitation? I’m confused. It should only be access to the public file, so I can’t see this actually being a problem.

[QUOTE=PuzzleMeThis;2771978]Or could it be that there is too much data on the other end which is why it won’t approve the invitation? I’m confused. It should only be access to the public file, so I can’t see this actually being a problem.[/QUOTE] If you join a shared Dropbox folder, the size of the files within that shared folder will count against your total available space, so you might not be able to join a large shared folder.

I reacent started using dropbox. Easy way to store and share files.
Families can send vacation photos and videos just moments after getting home.
Companies with Dropbox for Teams can send presentations to clients who might not use Dropbox, and share materials with employees on their first day.
Teachers can quickly distribute problem sets and exams through links, and students can save them to their own Dropbox with a click.