Where do you get 40x CD-R and 12X - CD-RW

vbimport

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Have a Teac CD writer which burns at 40x CD-R and 12X CD-RW.

Problem is finding media which can go at those speeds.

[COLOR=darkblue]Can anyone recommend some web sites, etc where I can find some reliable blanks media which burns at those fast speeds ?

Thanks,

Jolo (Jon)

Sorry :frowning:

First of all I don’t live in the US…

I’ve never seen 40X CD-R discs or 12X CD-RW discsfor sale yet.

Some writer will write at 12X to normal 10X certified CD-RW media.

My Mitsumi and Lite-On had no problems writing at 12X to Verbatim and TDK 10X CD-RW media.

Media made by prodisc or mitsui toatsu should be possible to write at 40X, even if they are not 40X certified…

LiteOn 40x, ZS0G.
Wrote 12x to Verbatim DL Plus 10x.

Got nearly one million c2-errors.

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]LiteOn 40x, ZS0G.
Wrote 12x to Verbatim DL Plus 10x.

Got nearly one million c2-errors. [/B]

Remember that ZSOG is still BETA…

I got a utility from CDR-Info which runs with the LTR-40125S and reports what speed setting SmartBurn sets the drive at for any inserted media. It isn’t to pretty but reports that 40x is possible with;

Prodisc Phylacyanine disk rated at 24x and sold as MonkeyMedia from Jungle.com

CMC Magnetics phylacyanine disk rated at 32x sold ‘unbranded’ from cdr121.co.uk.

Sadly neither of these outlets are in the US, but hopefully this helps you.

This firmware reports 40x for too many types of media with are either badly written (Prodisc, CMC, both low quality media) or even partly unreadable at 40x (ricoh 12x certified, good media, but older, and 40x is simply too much for them).

I get no c2-errors with e.g. Moser Baer and (of course) Taiyo Yuden.

BTW: This tool from cdrinfo doesn’t work with my ZS0G…“mode sense error”!

What tool?

Lite-on’s CD-R identifier?

Maybe you need an aspi layer to get it working? Read the sticky in this forum for link.

Prodisc low quality? I personally rate them pretty high, at least higher than moser baer.

I guess the prodisc you got was <24X certified. Since their new 32X discs works pretty good. And guess who made the disc included with the Lite-On 40X I got for review? Yep, prodisc!!!

What tool?
Lite-on’s CD-R identifier?

Yeah.

Maybe you need an aspi layer to get it working?

Since readcd (which requires an aspi layer) works fine, i think i have an aspi layer…but i could try installing adaptec 4.70.

Prodisc low quality? I personally rate them pretty high,

They’re better than PostTech, but they’re likely to get c2-errors after some time and can easily be scratched. In comparision to Mitsubishi or Taiyo Yuden, it’s really low quality.

And guess who made the disc included with the Lite-On 40X I got for review? Yep, prodisc!!!

This is exactly the problem. I got a prodisc, too. They produce c2-errors with the media they bundle with their recorders, at least with zs0g!
BTW: Pioneer does similar things: they bundle 5 CMC-CD-R with their DVR-A03…

Originally posted by alexnoe
This tool from cdrinfo doesn’t work with my ZS0G…“mode sense error”!

Yeah it does that with my ZS0A firmware too, but if you keep clicking OK it will eventually get in to the application. I tested it a few times with various media and seemed to work out about right.

@OC-Freak - links to the checker files for you

LTR-40125x Version

LTR-3212xx Version

i bought some 40 speed rated cdrs at my local aldi food store 10 for £3:99 they are badged tevion but they are made by ritek they seem to be ok i have written them at 32 speed and all is well but i have still to flash my writer to 40 speed to try them out at 40 speed

cheers bighun

I write my Nashua 10x CD-RW’s at 12x