Where do I enable hide CD-R media?

I recently backed up my copy of BF1942 and I know that it is a working copy because I can play it in my DVD Drive but not the Lite-ON CDR drive that I used.

I right click on properties of my CD-R drive and there is no option for “hide CDR media”. Was this supposed to be done when CloneCD asked if I wanted to create a virtual drive on installation? because i skipped that, thinking it was unnecessary.

you will find the options in the right task bar , right click on the cd rom and the option will come up, or go to start programs clone-cd and click on the clone-cd tray it will appear, oh if you live in the usa it will be blocked out, so you have to move to canada. :cop: the virtual drive is if you want to mount the image you created without burning it at that time.you don’t need it

ahh!! hide CD-R media is blacked out, like as an option I cant click…but I do live in Canada :bigsmile: so why doesnt it work?

lol, jk i’m in the US, but still this is really odd

and isnt hide CD-r media so CD-r drives can read copied cds?

i mean the game works in my DVD drive but when i put it in my cdr drive i get “no cd in drive please reinsert the disc”

i would like to play it from my cdr drive because it has a faster read time

That is because it reads the atip recorder read as I believe I am correct.change your settings to canada and reinstall clone-cd and it will be there good luck

You usually only need to change your region to Canada and not reinstall Clone CD. Or at least that’s how I remember it. Go to: Control Panel then Regional and Language Options. Make the location change and then if that’s not enough, then reinstall CCD.

Just install this hide cdr media tool and you won’t have to change your location settings. Available in clonecd faq thread or here

Originally posted by k9cop
That is because it reads the atip recorder read as I believe I am correct.change your settings to canada and reinstall clone-cd and it will be there good luck
Correct. More information here.