Where could I find the Optiarc AD-7203A?

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7203A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’ve been reading here that this is a highly recommended drive for high quality burns. But where can I buy this drive? I live in the US, and if I do a google search on it, the first result is the Sony NEC Optiarc Europe official page on the product. But where can this be found for purchase? Is this only available in Europe?

yes only available in Europe, but the 7200/ 7201 are the same drive only no labelflash 7201 has lightscribe
,7200 has no labeling but same writing quality

That’s too bad. I just found it on Amazon.co.uk, but shipping it would be expensive. So what can somebody recommend that would have good performance like the Optiarc that I could get in the US, or from Newegg?
Any thoughts?

Edit: Actually, it looks like Amazon.co.uk won’t even ship this to the US. I finally settle on a good SATA drive and it’s unavailable.

[QUOTE=gwent;2202198]That’s too bad. I just found it on Amazon.co.uk, but shipping it would be expensive. So what can somebody recommend that would have good performance like the Optiarc that I could get in the US, or from Newegg?
Any thoughts?

Edit: Actually, it looks like Amazon.co.uk won’t even ship this to the US. I finally settle on a good SATA drive and it’s unavailable.[/QUOTE]

:confused:

Please pay attention. In the United States, the drive you want to buy is the Optiarc AD-7200S or AD-7201S. They are the same drive as the AD-7203S. The write quality and everything else is THE SAME. The AD-7200S is the regular SATA drive, the AD-7201S has LightScribe, and the AD-7203S has LabelFlash, a technology only licensed in Europe.

Once again, you need to look for the AD-7200S or AD-7201S. Those are the drives sold here in the states.

To add something, Labelflash can be added via firmware/software update, Lightscribe requires tiny hardware…