Where can you purchase Liteon CDR Media?

Hi all,

Hello,

So I love my 40X Liteon burner. Burn times are great. Burn times were even better when I used my one whole packaged Liteon 40X CD-R media. I’ve scoured the net to no avail, and there is no information on the Liteon website. Can Liteon CD-R media be purchased!? (I’m in Canada, but US ok too!)

Thanks in advance.

The CD-R that came with my 48X drive failed at around 29X, a right pile of shite!

Maybe in Taiwan, my Liteon CDR for my 40125S was a Prodisc.
But, I don’t know which brands uses Prodisc.

Mine was also prodisc. Had C2 errors after burning (but firmware was ZS0G, i.e. beta version, which might’ve been the reason)

If you’re in Canada, the PINE 32x at Canada Computers are Prodisc, and they work quite well in my LTR40125s. I think it’s like 17$ for a 50 spindle. Fairly cheap, if you’re in the area of one of their stores (or if you do mail order).

2 weeks ago Staples/Business depot had 50 spindles of 32x Fuji (Taiyo Yuden) for 32$ after mail in rebate. Not sure if this sale is still going on.

I really don’t recommend the white label memorex 32x made by ritek (sold at Future Shop), not because of burning problems, but because the protective backing keeps bubbling and peeling (it pulls up the reflective layer too, wrecking the CD completely).

http://www.canadacomputers.com

Just bought a Lite-On 48x few days back.

The 48x CD-R bundled with it is a CMC.

SmartBURN Limit = 48x.

On the case, it is printed - Made in Taiwan.

Now, nearly everbody says CMC is crap.

So, how come the SmartBurn Limit is 48x for a crap CD-R ?

Even I had bad experience with CMC Imation CD-Rs on my previous burner.

SmartBurn speed limit itself is crap.

I was under the impression Smartburn just checked the media against it’s database to find the max speed?

You are right baracus.

Thats what it does.

Smartburn only list the maximum speed of the media that could
be reached by using that particular burner. Use Smartburn on
a burner with the top burning speed of 4x and get the fastest
media you have i.e. 48x, guess what will show up as the maximum speed.

Hmmm that’s not quite true.

Yes, the maximum speed SmartBURN will be able to show is equivalent to the maximum speed of your burner (Liteon 40x, will show maximum of 40x, even using 48x media) but, it doesn’t mean all media will necessarily show up at maximum speed.

For instance: My spindle of 32x PINE CD-Rs show up at 40x with SmartBURN, but my 24x Fuji (TY) show up at only 16x with SmartBURN.

So yes, SmartBURN does compare the media you use, against its own database, but it doesn’t automatically put speed at max, it depends on the media you use, and the firmware revision, and the burner.

I own a Lite-On 48x.

It doesn’t show the max burning speed as the smartburn limit.

Shows different limits like 16x, 24x, 32x, 40x.

Showed 48x only for a CMC (Bundled with the drive) & a Moser Baer.

Another CMC i had, it showed something different. Don’t remember exactly but not 48x.

SmartBURN is a guide, not a set of rules.
It is to advise you against making bad burns.

CMC media is crap. It might burn well, but it’s extremely badly made. the polycarbonate used is utter crap, and most CMC’s develop errors after burning.

SmartBURN is no indication as to the quality of a CD-R.

You are right KyRoWire.

I had the same feeling regarding the SmartBurn feature.

as far as the liteon CD-R, I will post one quick experience.
Happened about 2 days ago, I had been using the LiteON CD-RW that came bundled with my drive and the paint/burn surface began coming off at the edges of the CD. That CD had been handled with great care, and the fastest drive it had ever been used in was the drive that it came bundled with.

I’m a bit more cautious of LiteON media now.

As far as finding good media for LiteON drives, go to Circuit City and get a 100 pack of Jensen media. They are made by Princo, and princo works great in my drive.

Whats the ATIP of the CD-RW bundled with your Lite-On?

We have already seen that Lite-On keeps on changing manufacturers for its bundled Rs & RWs.

Also, Princo CD-Rs are very very delicate.

If you drop them once, it bursts to pieces.

I advice to stay away from Princo’s because they are delicate.

Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]Whats the ATIP of the CD-RW bundled with your Lite-On?

We have already seen that Lite-On keeps on changing manufacturers for its bundled Rs & RWs.

Also, Princo CD-Rs are very very delicate.

If you drop them once, it bursts to pieces.

I advice to stay away from Princo’s because they are delicate. [/B]

I have heard others speak of the fragility of princo so I decided to test it myself. Not 45 seconds ago, I threw one frisbee style against the concrete wall in my basement, and it lasted just fine. H ave used 500 or more princo for my own use and have sold countless packs to customers, not a single problem.

oh yes, sorry, but I am unable to provide the ATIP for the media that I had the trouble with, it has already been thrown out.
The only other piece of liteon cdrw that I have shows an unknown manufacturer in nero, and returns the atip
97m15s35f , but I can’t say for sure it is the same type. One of them came with my liteon 32x, and one with the 40, but i can’t say what is what.

Yours is a good experience.

I had just dropped a Princo from my hand while standing & it shatterred to pieces.

You check the ATIP is SmartBurn utility or CD Rid.

I checked the atip using nero cdspeed