Where can I get vintage a/v output cables - help!

I have a very old JVC VHS© Camcorder (Model GR-M3). It has some precious films I took of my daughter growing up. I bought the camcorder in 1993 but I lost the a/v output cable. Apparently, JVC cable is proprietary and I’m having trouble finding a replacement on the internet (Model VC-V826U). Can someone tell me where I can find a replacement for this old type A/V output cable? I would be extremely grateful if you could help.

Thanks.

Jay

[QUOTE=waxenba;2576728]I have a very old JVC VHS© Camcorder (Model GR-M3). It has some precious films I took of my daughter growing up. I bought the camcorder in 1993 but I lost the a/v output cable. Apparently, JVC cable is proprietary and I’m having trouble finding a replacement on the internet (Model VC-V826U). Can someone tell me where I can find a replacement for this old type A/V output cable? I would be extremely grateful if you could help.

Thanks.

Jay[/QUOTE]

Have you tried to contact JVC support as well?? You said it is proprietary but failed to contact JVC on this cable???

I would suggest keeping a watch on ebay.

What country are you in? Can’t find that model # in either the US or UK JVC site. Are you sure that’s the model?

I’m in the USA and I have provided the exact model number. I took it right off the camera and original owners manual.

Is there a company that sells vintage cables?

If it helps, I found a site that said the acutal model number for that unit is GR-SXM300. Seems GR-M3 is only a partial or abbreviated model number. It is claimed to be a S-VHS-C format recorder.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7770188_troubleshoot-jvc-grm3.html

Couldn’t you buy a VHS-C to VHS adapter?

^ If RichMan has correctly identified the model of camcorder, the manual for the camera shows it has a S-video connector. You should be able to connect the camcorder to a VHS or dvd recorder using an S-video cable and an RCA cable to carry the audio (white RCA jack on the camera).

Also, the camera manual shows a pretty bog standard set of RCA jacks…a yellow one for video and a white one for audio. Are you sure this is a proprietary connection scheme on the camera?

I have the same JVC recorder. With the same situation. The AV output cable is VC - V826U. The model is GR - M3U/AA-VIOU. I think it is a din plug with two 1/8 inch connectors for the tv.