Where can I find some basic info to read about burning etc?

vbimport

Where can I find some basic info to read about burning etc? I am a complete and utter noob and I just need a FAQ of burning or some other BASIC guides. I just had a game disintegrate while playing and now see the wisdom of backing up a few games. Any links (or advice) would be greatly appreciated. Right now I have a CDRW LiteOn LTR-52327s and a Sony DDU1612 Cd/Dvd. Not sure if the LiteOn will make it though, while only 2 mos old, the CD that disingrated in it seems to have screwed it up pretty good. Currently looking at a LiteOn LDW-811s as a possible replacement.

As far as software to use is Alcohol 120% the best and EASIEST to use?

As far as software to use is Alcohol 120% the best and EASIEST to use?

Yes, no, Maybe.

I take it you would like an answer to the answer now.:stuck_out_tongue:

Some say yes, some say no and the rest say depends waht you are copying.

In this day and age different copy programs seem to be better at copying different copy protections. The same goes for CDRW drives.

I seem to be copying this list all of the time at the moment, but hey.

Alcohol = SafeDisc, Starforce 1+2, SecuROM 4.85xx w/ emulation
Blindwrite = SecuROM 4.85xxx(perfect with Plex Premium)
CloneCD = SecuROM 4.85xxx(CloneCD + Twinpeaks + BWA), Laserlock, Ring Protech
DiskDump + FireBurner = SafeDisc 2.51+

Can’t Do = StarForce 3, Tages

This is rough and depends upon your drive.

You could read some interesting stuff in our COPY Protection Discussion Forum about copy protections.
Also you might want to visit our Recording Software Forum which also has some subforums about allot of software all about recording CDR’s.

I think you’ll have enough to read for now! :wink:

Not to sound cheap, but I really need all of those depending on the games I’m talking about? I know alcohol is $50, not sure about the rest but that’s a pretty large investment isn’t it? Alcohol has the virtual drive thing right? If that’s the case can’t I simply use that as a way to play and not load, thus saving the disks from harm? (or am i sounding noobish here?) :confused:

Nope, Not Newbieish at all.

Thats exactly what the VD is used for.