Where can I download music legally on the internet?

AllofMP3 is supposedly already in compliance with the new laws.

The new law is supposed to be why I could not add any more money for awhile and then prices almost doubled. New pricing is supposed to include some sort of artist fees.

CLGerow

Try out this site:

http://crobi.mp3center.hop.clickbank.net

http://mp3weblibrary.com/
new one and very cheap, 0,04-0,06$ per song
download speed is fast, it’s not very popular site, so it has liberate prices

deleted

oooooooooooo

Copyright laws are going stricter and stricter, and change so fast we cannot just memorize one, there comes out another

It’s worth trying some independent sites, the more famous the site is, the higher (and sometimes less friendly) the standards are. I just wonder, why copyright laws, made as strict as possible, are still unable to stop bootlegging.

ok I have a question? just cause ya pay for a site or wat ya download wat makes it not legal?ya payin the company for the downloads and I bet the artist dont see any of the money.so in my opinion theres no legal way of getting music unless ya order the actual album online or buy at ya nearest music store.

In South Korea, SK Telecom, LG Telecom, and KTF all have their own music download and web-streaming services. Service fee range from US$3 to US$5 per month. There aren’t that many music files. Most US and European music artists missing and no MP3. But for those who don’t want the latest pop music on their phones, it’s cheap and fast. 192Kbps MP3 quality albums at over 1MB/s, unlimited.

Bet, there are nice local services, it is a good idea to keep local provider-based download services.

hallo! i found this website other day www.insomnia-universe.com …they have radio records and recorded concerts and parties…with very nice sound quality! specially Trance, house, dance and Dj music. Which i think is not much of legal problem the dj music - than album normal artist cds music. oh and is free… :iagree:

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned eMusic . It is a little pricey, but they focus on independent music, and the artists get a cut. Often, you can’t find the stuff they have on the torrent sites or Kazaa, because it’s too obscure.

Also, UseNeXT is a good program. I signed up for the free trial and it was pretty good. Fast downloads and a very useful interface.

Hi,

New here, nice to meet you guys…

This music downloading thing can be done legally without having to pay for the tracks, right, as far as I know.
What do you think about that?

Hi and Welcome![quote=Barnaby;2134513]
This music downloading thing can be done legally without having to pay for the tracks, right, as far as I know. [/quote]Normally not. Copyrighted material is usually not allowed to be spread via P2P.

What do you think about that?
Some artists offer their music for free on their websites, also there are some websites promoting rather unknown artists and offer their music as free downloads, like for example http://music.download.com/ or www.tonspion.de (German site)

Michael

There are plenty of places to download legal music, but it would help your search if you knew a little more about what you need in a music download site. I think the biggest factor is how much music you download regularly.

There are legal pay-per-song and album sites which work great for people who download a smaller quantity of music / month (exmaple an album’s worth or less). In that case you can check out Amazon, Buy, iTunes, WalMart, even Rhapsody started one up not too long ago.

For anyone downloading more than that, the best legal and cost effective way of downloading music would be through a music subscription site where you would usually pay a monthly fee ($10-$15) and you get to listen to as much music as you want from their libraries of millions of songs which will have everything you can think of. For that, look into Napster and Rhapsody.

eMusic is awesome too but one downside is that they don’t carry most of the top 40 artists that people are used to hearing on the radio.

If you are really interested in finding a solid legal music site that’s right for you, check out my site (Compare Music Download Sites) in my signature. I update reviews regularly, rate everything from ease of use to customer service for each, and plenty more.

Hope this helps!

There is an app the records audio streams named: Replay Music 3…
all you need to do is visit music streaming sites like e.g. imeem.com, last.fm, deezer and, Replay music does the rest…(intended for personal use only) :cop:

From time to time a gem appears…and is given away free for a limited period.

I´ve just found this http://www.kolacny.com/en/index.htm

It´s the La Scala Choir…doing the most breathtaking covers of stuff by Bjork, Coldplay, Radiohead (beautifully freaky hearing 60 women using the “F” word in harmonious chorus! http://takingtigermountain.com/archives/113 ) etc.

Check them out…register and they will send you a code which allows you 2 hours to download the album “Paper Plane”

:clap:

Lots of freebie albums, games and software here…all legitimate

Saw a few I already use, Malwarebytes, Paint.net…This could be handy…
Thanks deanimator!..

Here´s a handy hint if you like Smashing Pumpkins…

Go to smashingpumpkins.com

This band argued with the recording company to say that they wanted to release some songs to their fans…FREE!!! The record company said, "NO"
So…they broke up with the record company and announced that their next record will have 44 tracks, and will be available for free download as the tracks become available.
There are possibly a few caveats…as far as I know, every time a set of 4 tracks have been made available, they will then be removed from the website and available to purchase, but at the same time the next 4 will be slowly released, and so on…possibly 4 or more weeks between tracks, and up to 5 years to complete the set.
This means one needs to be a bit dedicated, and continue to check the link regularly…

Got it?

The first two tracks are up now!

A quote from the man himself…

I’m happy to finally announce the plans for the new Smashing Pumpkins album.

Recording began yesterday, September 15th, 2009 on the new record which will be entitled ‘Teargarden by Kaleidyscope’. The album will feature 44 songs, 4 of which are now being recorded. My desire is to release a song at a time beginning around Halloween of this year, with each new release coming shortly after until all 44 are out. Each song will be made available absolutely for free, to anyone anywhere. There will be no strings attached. Free will mean free, which means you won’t have to sign up for anything, give an email address, or jump through a hoop. You will be able to go and take the song or songs as you wish, as many times as you wish.

We will however sell highly limited edition EP’s (of 4 songs each times 11), and details of how those EP’s will be made available are still being worked out. Because the songs themselves will be free, the EP’s will be more like collectors items for the discerning fan who will want the art itself, along with the highest possible audio quality available. The EP’s will be more like mini-box sets rather than your normal cd single. We may also offer other variations for sale, say for example a digital single with a demo version of a song. The commitment that is most important is the one I’m making to you: that the music of ‘Teargarden by Kaleidyscope’ will be available for free to everyone. All 44 songs: free for ALL.

When the entire album is finished, it will be compiled into a deluxe box set which will also be made available for sale. Those who have bought the EP’s need not worry, as the box set will not be a recompilation of the limited edition pieces.

The story of the album is based on ‘The Fool’s Journey’, as signified in the progress of the Tarot. It is my intention to approach this by breaking down the journey of our life here into four phases as made by these different characters; the Child, the Fool, the Skeptic, and the Mystic.

The music of ‘Teargarden by Kaleidyscope’ harkens back to the original psychedelic roots of The Smashing Pumpkins: atmospheric, melodic, heavy, and pretty.

I already have 53 songs written for the record, so I am quite confident that I already have much of the material that I would need to undertake such an extensive project. I am very committed to seeing this album through to its completion and very, very excited about the prospect of delivering new Smashing Pumpkins music to you in a unique and exciting way.

:clap:

Want more information and links, go to Wikipedia