Where can I buy black lg4163b

vbimport

I can only find the retail versions (I want the Nero Software) in beige in the US. I would like a black bezel to go with my computer but can only find them in Canada and Australia. Does anyone know a source in the US for the black version?

There must be some US retail stores that sell black 4163B.

It’s not a retail drive, but it does come with Nero software.

[I]LG Black 16X DVD+R 4X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 4X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 24X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner - OEM
Model #: GSA-4163BK - Black
Item #: N82E16827136049

**This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only.[/I]

If the manufacturer supports the drive through its own official support centers, it must be retail. OEM products are supported through the OEM buyers like Dell and HP.

Not quite. Newegg sells two types of products. Those in a box and those sold without as OEM. These are not the OEM sold by Dell and others with proprietary firmware. These are the OEM sold to Dell and others before they hack the firmware.

As such, the warranty is through the manufacturer. My recollection of the LG is that you need to buy a biege model if you want a box and that the boxed version comes with the OEM black faceplate. Call Newegg to check this out.

Newegg or ChiefValue (same folks) …I bought my black LG4163b from Newegg, the warranty is clearly direct from LG and I did get Nero software with it. I suggest ChiefValue this moment as Newegg wants 52.99 with $4 shipping and ChiefValue wants $54.99 with free shipping…lol. They manage to keep a $2-$3 differential on most product… only difference: a limited amount of stuff ships from the NJ warehouse of ChiefValue, otherwise it ships from the Newegg warehouse in CA. As soon as you get to the checkout screens it’s painfully clear it’s the same server… :cool: