Where can i buy BD-50 RE

Does any one know Where can i buy BD-50GB RE, im locking here on Canada and all the stores have is BD-25 RE, so anyone know a good online store the i can get it from

thanks in advance

Try the link below:

https://www.blankmedia.ca/proddetail3.asp?id=1427

thanks allot man, i Order 2 TDK-50GB RE, i hope they are good

In my experience comparing TDK, Sony and Panasonic BD-RE DL 50GB, TDK is the pickiest among all, all 3 discs I own won’t play on my PS3 60GB but I read it will play in the 80GB PS3 due to newer optic laser. Sony and Panasonic are okay but still not all can play in my PS3.

In general I think many players still needs to improve their support for BD-RE DL 50GB, or the media itself needs improvement. You can also read this thread where the member said his BD-RE 50GB would not play in 2 out of 4 players: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/bd-re-dl-50go-panasonic-yamaha-267579/

oh great, i guess i will have to wait and burn one disc and hope it work, i use BDP-350 and PS3 60gb

TDK Durabis 2 coating is the most difficult 1 to deal w/

Toughest to scratch, but easiest to break if you drop it compares to Sony. For that reason, I ordered Sony BD-RE 50GB.

I have a thread in this forum on a link of the white paper.

well i guess im a lucky guy, i receive my 2 TDK 50GB Today from blankmedia really fast server btw, and burn 2 BD Movies of 35GB and they bothg play fine on my PS360GB and my BDP-S350 i am really :slight_smile:

i use power to go 6 and my Pioneer BDR-203

i also have NO problems with burning TDK BD-RE DL disks. the problem i had was with formatting them. once formatted…it seems to be fine. i have not tried to reformat these disk after upgrading to the newest firmware though. the 1.05 firmware really did have a hard time formatting them.

i dint even format the disc just a quick erase, i use 1.10 FW on my pioneer

[QUOTE=MATA7;2244249]i dint even format the disc just a quick erase, i use 1.10 FW on my pioneer[/QUOTE]

i had no choice but to format…my disks were brand new

i hope 1.10 firmware addressed the format issue…im a bit scared to try since i had such a difficult time…last thing i want is it not completing format…

[QUOTE=m00sehead;2244262]i had no choice but to format…my disks were brand new

i hope 1.10 firmware [B]addressed the format issue[/B]…im a bit scared to try since i had such a difficult time…last thing i want is it not completing format…[/QUOTE]

You mean the disc recognition with this?

[QUOTE=chef;2244574]You mean the disc recognition with this?[/QUOTE]

i had trouble formatting 3 brand spanking new TDK BE-re dl disks…1 took 6 hrs of retries b4 i got it to complete its formating.

i was using the original 1.05 firmware at that time as there were no updates…

i was saying i hope firmware 1.10 addressed this problem

once formatted…the disk burns fine on it

That is fine!