Where buy Pioneer DVR-A15 (ship to US)

vbimport

Does anybody know, is there any place, where I can buy Pioneer DVR-A15 with shipping to US? (Black faceplate preferable but not mandatory). Maybe somebody from Japan could do it for me? I can pay with Visa, Paypal or international money order. Thanks.

Newegg has it, all it a A15 is a 115…$29 free ship, got one coming tommorow.

http://dvd-r.jpn.org/DVR-A15/index.html

He obviously wants the deluxe model with the sound dampening and nicer faceplate, not the 115, in which case Newegg is no help. I wanted the A12XL (NOT the 112) and got one off ebay from Australia, but sadly the A15XL will not be released there. I saw an A15 a while back by a Hong Kong seller (coke-fans), so the OP may want to keep checking there.

@ Budman62,

There are 3 different Models in the DVR-115 series – DVR-A15, DVR-115, and DVR-115D.

If you review the DVR-115 series Firmwares (http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html#firmware1) you will note that the DVR-A15 and DVR-115D have two entirely different Firmwares which indicate notable differences between a DVR-A15 and a DVR-115D.

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for answers! Yes, I’m looking for A15, not a 115. Currently, I have A12, but this unit stops to recognise CD, (with DVD works perfectly). I bought A12 on ebay from cokefans about a year ago. Looks like I missed A15 from cokefans, will watch.

I got a A12 from cokefan, it does not burn CD’s from new, I could RMA it but not worth the hastle to send to OZ.

I also got a mail from him the day the A15 was avail but it was not that good J model with the extra 2 features.

I don’t know about A15, but I reflashed my A12 to ‘‘japanese’’ version (with Labelflash, etc) without any problem. I think there will be same possibility for A15 too.

[QUOTE=pav56;2016872]I don’t know about A15, but I reflashed my A12 to ‘‘japanese’’ version (with Labelflash, etc) without any problem. I think there will be same possibility for A15 too.[/QUOTE]

Then it was no “A12” or you have confused Buffalo with Pioneer.

The Australian A12XL didn’t have Labelflash enabled. I did the same thing pav56 did with my A12 and now it does have LF and still works with the QuietDrive Utility, i.e. it works the same as the Japanese A12J.

I flashed my DVR-A12XLB to let me get Labelflash and use Quite Drive Util, it shows up as a 112L now although the flasher+mod files say J and L.

@ _chef

Quote: “Then it was no “A12” or you have confused Buffalo with Pioneer.”

I reflashed A12, it shows as 112L, has a Labelflash and QuietDrive utility works, more, I flashed this A12 later with official japanese firmware upgrade for A12J without problem.

The A12J shows up as a 112L in most burning apps like Nero etc.

I was confused by the terms mixed up: “A12” and also “A12XLx”.