Whenever I run it, it crashes my PC? :-S

Using latest CloneDVD with my Pioneer OEM 106 (or is it a06 if its oem? I forget, regardless…) and whenever I get to the “GO” part, it just crashes my PC. I think this also happened once when I was running Nero 6. So therefore I think its a Hardware issue? Not sure, thats why I’m here :wink:

Upon re-booting I get errors (critical recovery) about minidump and sys.xml…

I have no idea whats going on, or why it only does it when I run cloneDVD at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah and I was following MadBob’s guide exactly :slight_smile:

Please help…

I have similar problems, are you using AnyDVD by any chance? if so, have you tried turning on ‘safe mode’?

Indeed I am, haven’t tried safe mode, unless it defaults as on? I think it could be a driver problem, I literally only had the Drive about 2-3 weeks and had no reset problems until I installed it. It works fine on everything else however, just with CloneDVD it crashes, everytime. Its pissing me of cos it seems like a fantastic program, being able to literally chop and change what you want on the dvd, whilst keeping the menu, so I really want it to work…

Any ideas?

try this:

right click the anyDVD tray icon -> settings -> program

make sure there is a checkmark in the ‘safe mode’ box, restart your computer and try again see if it works…

this worked for me although I am still trying to find out what safe mode really does. one thing is it will stop Pinnacle InstantCopy from working. But if you don’t use that you should be ok.

give a try and report back.:bigsmile:

Worked a treat, thank you so much. Just did a nice rip, about to check out how it came out (via daemon of course, I don’t like risking coasters).

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Works fine, sweet program!

Are you guys using Win XP? I had the same exact problem, see my thread in General Software, spent two weeks swapping hardware and installing OS’s, found out Win 2k had no problems, only XP. Then I read this thread, and now over 2 weeks of hassles come down to ONE CHECK BOX?

At least I have no more random re-boots, and rips faster, too.

i was having this problem on Win2K3 server…
but I use it on my other machine too which is XP Pro and I don’t have to use the “safe mode” on that box… go figure:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dvd_baqup
i was having this problem on Win2K3 server…
but I use it on my other machine too which is XP Pro and I don’t have to use the “safe mode” on that box… go figure:rolleyes:

I have the same problem on W2K3 Server.
Here’s what I did:

  1. Start CloneDVD.
  2. Insert DVD-9 And Do All Settings.
  3. Start Transcoding / Processing DVD.
  4. CPU Usage Went To 100%
  5. After 23% PC Freezes And Dies.

Note: I Ripped The DVD To HDD Using DVDDecryptor In ISO Mode, Then I Used Daemon Tools v3.41 To Emulate The DVD So That CloneCD Won’t Show Me The Dreaded Backup Censor Screen.

Here’s what I found out:

  1. CPU Usage ALWAYS Goes To 100% When Using CloneDVD.
  2. After About 20-30%, PC ALWAYS Freezes And Dies.
  3. During Ripping Stage As Well As Other Stages, CPU Usage Normal.

Here’s what I think:

  1. CloneDVD Have A Bad Transcoding Routing?
  2. CloneDVD & Daemon Tools Have Problem?

I am still trying to find out the problem, but the 100% CPU Usage is VERY VERY weird!

Updated: Just Found That If No Transcoding Is Involved, CloneDVD Works Fine. So My Guess Is That There’s Something Bad About The Transcoding Routing.

What version do you use?
The latest should have fixed this.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Originally posted by Schnauze
[B]What version do you use?
The latest should have fixed this.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html [/B]

It’s not AnyDVD that has problem, it’s CloneDVD that’s causing the problem. During ANY transcoding process, the CPU usage goes 100% for CloneDVD. I can understand that encoding process does in fact uses a lot of CPU resources but freezing CPU to death is the first time that ever happened to me.

CPU-usage seems to be a problem with CloneDVD, here it is between 80%-100% during transcoding, no matter if it´s minimized or not.
My version is 1.3.12.1, my system is WinXP Pro SP1 incl. all updates (512MB, XP2000+).

Jarod

I saw almost 100% CPU usage in Win 2k, but after enabling DMA mode for the drives, CPU usage dropped to almost nothing. In Win XP Pro, transcoding with CloneDVD 1.3.12.1 shows minimal CPU usage, about 3%-5%, this is with DMA mode enabled.

Check to see if your drives support Ultra DMA transfer modes, if only PIO then you will see high CPU usage.

At least my device manager shows me UDMA2 for both DVD and DVDRW, UDMA6 for both of my harddiscs.

Jarod

Originally posted by Jarod666
[B]At least my device manager shows me UDMA2 for both DVD and DVDRW, UDMA6 for both of my harddiscs.

Jarod [/B]

Same for me. In Win2k3…HDD & CDRW & DVDRW all shows UDMA mode.

More Info: Just checked to make sure again, HDDs are all UDMA5 and CDRW / DVDRW are both UDMA2. So I am sure DMA is not the problem.