When using software, do you ever read the EULA?

Im sure you guys know what a EULA is but just incase:
Short for End-User License Agreement, the type of license used for most software. An EULA is a legal contract between the manufacturer and/or the author and the end user of an application. The EULA details how the software can and cannot be used and any restrictions that the manufacturer imposes (e.g., most EULA’s of proprietary software prohibit the user from sharing the software with anyone else).

When you install/use software, do you really read the damn thing? I got into the habit of waiting for the 3 page bit text to appear and clicking [I Accept] without reading even the first line. How about you other people?

VH
:slight_smile:

I voted sometimes because it depends on what the program is.
Life is too short to be reading all the fine print in our everday lives.

I read them sometimes…you might be suprised what you do agree to…extra software installiations…and such…

These things are everywhere! Making me agree to give my soul to the devil and whatnot just do download some driver. bah!

I read between 50-75% of it, as at least 25% of all EULAs I’ve read are exactly the same

Depends on whether I’m unsure of third-party programs being installed…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=115666

it just legal stuff to protect the manufacturers…if you even read it, it still in greek…basically they a waste of space on a disc