When recording speed drop down if I use multi recorder

My computer: P4 2.4/256M Ram/ 80G harddisc
connect with 4 pineer A11 drive by IDE/USB2.0 adapter

I want copy a DVD movie from harddisc to 16x DVD-R.

1. start 1 recoding process with 1 drive, spend 7min.
  2. start 2 recording process with 2 drive, each drive need 11 min.
  3. start 4 recording process with 4 drive, each drive need 30 min.

so, my question is :

1. why the speed drop down (by CPU, RAM, or IDE transfer spped…)
  2. how can I speed up the recording speed of muliti recorder? by NeroAPI program, or some hardware help?
  3. NeroSDK does not support simultaneous copy of serveral recoders, so are there some other way to make my own program with simultanous copy?

many thanks!

The biggest issue is the transfer rates expected when doing this.

With some packages like Nero or Roxio you can record simultaneously to multiple burners & this will work OK as the app is the only process reading from the HDD.

In your situation you’ve got multiple processes reading from the single HDD. You might get away with this with an ultra powerful system with a SATA 2 drive or if reading from multiple HDDs each on it’s own channel.

I’ve been able to burn successfully with 2 burners , on their own channels , from 2 HDDs also on their own channels but that was only at 8x burn speed.

hi, Timc, thanks a lot.

you said " With some packages like Nero or Roxio you can record simultaneously to multiple burners & this will work OK as the app is the only process reading from the HDD."

I have only oneweek working experience with NeroSDK. So I just wonder how to realize “record simulataneously to mulitiple burners and only run one process”. Shall I issue “NeroBurn” one time or mulit times?

I have to control 16 drives for recording in my program, any suggestion to speed up.

I was giving a very generic answer that didn’t relate to NeroSDK , which I know absolutely nothing about.

Basically that means I have nothing else to offer I’m afraid.