When Putting In Blank DVD to Burn It Keeps Saying Insert BLANK Disc

vbimport

When I Putt In Blank DVD to Burn It Keeps Saying Insert BLANK Disc. I keep on putting in blank discs and it keeps on thinking the disc is not blank but it is. I have tried several brands and the same thing. It wasn’t happening all of the time just sometime, but now it is happining every time. All other steps in the decoding and recoding process work fine, its just at the end when its time to burn…Thank you so much for any kind of input…I feel frustrated…:frowning:

How old is your drive and is the firmware updated? Does it play a movie dvd correctly? Unless you use working media to test it’s hard to know what is going on with your drive. Also where there any hardware and software changes before or after before you started having that problem? But it sounds like a sympton of a dying drive or dirty drive that needs cleaning as well…

Thank you for your response. My DVD burner does play dvds fine. I only get this message when trying to burn a dvd. I did not make any hardware or software changes recently. This just started happening. I burned a disc yesterday. I appreciate any info you can give me on what to do…thank you!

Hi djmikel, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do you have anything like Alcohol or Daemon Tools installed on your PC?

If you do, don’t uninstall them as a settings change could fix things.

[QUOTE=djmikel;2475432]Thank you for your response. My DVD burner does play dvds fine. I only get this message when trying to burn a dvd. I did not make any hardware or software changes recently. This just started happening. I burned a disc yesterday. I appreciate any info you can give me on what to do…thank you![/QUOTE]

What software are you using to burn??

Try setting Auto play for blank DVD to “ask me every time”
& you might do the same for DVD Movie,
If you have Autoplay in your control panel.