When is amd 64 bit rolling out?

Hi,

Any idea how long will it take for AMD 64 bit to be available at cheap prices. :confused:

Bye.

You can forget about it. AMD are matching Intel prices and 64bit AMDs are gonna be in the price range of Itaniums. Hell, even the Bartons are gonna cost a leg.

When it’s rolling out? Somewhere in Q1 2003 I believe.

When it’s going to be cheap? I can’t answer that one, since cheap is relative. Anyhow, AMD already announced that the home-versions of the K8 CPU’s will be sold at prices that where normal for the K7 CPU’s. So what you payed about 2 years ago for the first 1Ghz CPU’s will be about the price you’ll pay for a K8 when being released. Once the CPU gets mainstream (Q2 2003?) prices will defenetively fall…

The price of the Barton? I guess the story is the same here. The Throughbreds will fall in price, and the Barton will be priced at the old price of the Troughbreds. Well not exact ofcourse, but something like that…
The Barton is scheduled for Q1-2003.

will it have the same architecture of x86 - PCI, AGP busses… ?

If i buy a graphics card now - will i be able to use it with 64 bit mobos ?

Originally posted by pps111
will it have the same architecture of x86 - PCI, AGP busses… ?

If i buy a graphics card now - will i be able to use it with 64 bit mobos ?

Even Sun servers and Itanium servers often employ the same buses. Unless the current AGP becomes obsolete by that time (when?), nothing to worry.

yeah, if anything, the AGP bus will get better! it’s already hit 8x with the right mobo and an ATI Radeon 9700! (ohhhhh, Radeon 9700, drool):bow:

ATI = Canadian :stuck_out_tongue:

OH YEAH! :bigsmile:

and I don’t just like ATI because we can get them cheaper in Canada, and because they’re Canadian. No, it’s because right now, the Radeon 9700 is the fastest and best gaming video card money can buy on the planet. PC GAMER (US edition), the respected authority on all things games, states so. And they’re American.

hah.

:stuck_out_tongue: