When i insert a dvr into the dvr-a04 then windows freezes

vbimport

Yup i insert a DVD and then windows just freezes and then i reboot and the dvd-r doesn’t show up anymore in my computer

i have the latest firmware for -a04 v1.41…

and then i reboot windows and the dvr drive doesn’t open again :@ grrrr

what should i do now?

Switch off computer. Use a small thin metal thing to insert into the emergency eject hole on the front of the drive, open tray and remove disc. Check power and IDE cable and start computer again and see if the drive is detected now.

You may also wish to disconnect the power from your computer completely for a few minutes to let everything completely reset itself.

tks OC-Freak

this i did => Switch off computer. Use a small thin metal thing to insert into the emergency eject hole on the front of the drive, open tray and remove disc. Check power and IDE cable and start computer again and see if the drive is detected now.

what u said :slight_smile: and the drive is now detected but when i insert a dvr again then he freezes again :confused:

Tried another discs? Tried a CD for example?

Just to track down the problem.

If that still does not work it may have failed. If possible try it in another computer to verify that it have failed.

yeah i tryd a couple of dvd + cdr’s and of a few differant brands…

still no succes it freezes… but i have 10 GB of data that i don’t want to loose so otherwise i’d format and reinstall windows!:rolleyes: