When do you know you've hit the CD-RW RW cap?

Hi there. Just curious what happens when you near the CD-RW rewrite cap, usually a thousand or so rewrites. I have a couple of CD-RWs which estimate to have several hundred rewrites on them, mostly a couple of hundred Mb or so. Now whenever I use them, I get write errors, about ~3 everytime I fill the disc with data. Is this due to degradation of the CD-RW media, or am I just having a run of bad luck?

If you use crap media (memorex, bestmedia, platinum, traxdata cd-rws are really bad crap), then they may be defective after 10 rewrites or so.

If they show errors: buy new ones. Don’t let them annoy you.

Originally posted by alexnoe
traxdata cd-rws are really bad crap), then they may be defective after 10 rewrites or so.

I’ve got some really good results with the Trax-Data RW’s (10x)… All the others though are crap. :Z

If you use crap media (memorex, bestmedia, platinum, traxdata cd-rws are really bad crap), then they may be defective after 10 rewrites or so.

Uhmm…platinum is really no crap media!!! :frowning:

Platinum can be:
Ritek: sometimes :D, sometimes :Z
Fornet :Z
Digital Storage Technology :Z

and about 100 other manufacturers. Most are crap. Scratched very easily, can’t resist sunlight.

i have very good results with PLATINUM…

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]If you use crap media (memorex, bestmedia, platinum, traxdata cd-rws are really bad crap), then they may be defective after 10 rewrites or so.

If they show errors: buy new ones. Don’t let them annoy you. [/B]

It has been a month so far that Memorex has been using Taiyo Yuden, and these memorex’s are great, better than any “tdks”.

Speaking of TDK, those need to be added to that list, because they are now using Ritek (been about a month).

It is not luck of me getting TY memorex’s either, I bought mine from buy.com, I told my friend they were good and they were now using TY, so he bought a 50 pack from compusa and they are TY also.

I have messaged the appropriate people on my contact list asking them if they use Memorex, and if they could use CDident to verify, and they all have come up as TY also. Most of them say they bought the media within the last month.