When do we enable Regenerate data sectors? And "only read the first section"?

vbimport

When do we enable Regenerate data sectors? And "only read the first section"?

Originally posted by VC15
When do we enable Regenerate data sectors? And “only read the first section”?
Regenerate data sectors: if the disc is damaged, smudged or otherwise will present errors to the reader.

Only read the first session: for when you only want the first session read.

You can also right click these settings for context sensitive help as stated in the Sticky Posts pinned to the top of this forum :wink:

Sorry for the typo…and…I’m still kinda confused about those CCD 4 settings…I’m not really an expert so…
Anyway, is “Only read the first session” needed for backing up SD1/2, SecuROM, LaserLock or PlayStation protected cd’s?

Anyway, is “Only read the first session” needed for backing up SD1/2, SecuROM, LaserLock or PlayStation protected cd’s?
No. Don’t use it except for audio - you’ll see it as a default in the audio CD profile. Read this, this & this.

Alright, thanks for the info ppl…
Last Q here
enabling “Regenerate data sectors” is ok with all the protections i mentioned above, right?

Oh another question…
In the “settings” of my two readers
under the Fast Error Skip tag, my Toshiba DVD-Rom has “Hardware” as “Error Correction”, but my LiteOn writer has “Software” as “Error Correction”…should I change the Error Correction setting for my LiteOn from “Software” to “Hardware”? or should i stay with the default?

Alright, thanks for the info ppl…
Last Q here
enabling “Regenerate data sectors” is ok with all the protections i mentioned above, right?

Yes & the Litey will run in Hardware; software is the first time default for all devices except Toshiba. Try the Litey in software…and it will just stick to hardware; for 99.99% of devices it’s ‘set & forget’

Thanks…almost finished setting up the profiles now.
Here’s really the last question:

In your post it says “Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner (up to 1000 is OK)”. The default is 100. I don’t know exactly what this does. But anyways, should I keep the default setting? or…?
let’s say for LaserLock and ProtectCD

Stay default. The scanner speed depends on hardware. If you’re unhappy with the speed, notch the sector count up 100 at a time and see if it improves the speed; this should be just a once-off thing for your device. Set and forget when you are happy with the result.

Then what about “AWS”?is this any different from “Regenerate bad sector”?I thought they’re the same.

Originally posted by xmansean
Then what about “AWS”?is this any different from “Regenerate bad sector”?I thought they’re the same.
Now you know :wink:

Still a little confused…let me get this for a moment.

Originally posted by xmansean
Still a little confused…let me get this for a moment.