When can we say that a copy is a 1:1 copy?

I have a Plextor 1610A en a Plextor 2410A.
I made a backup of Spearhead (SD 2.80.010) and Desert Storm (Safedisk 2.70.030) : look at
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=362117#post362117 for details how I did it.
I works on my system without a problem. I play in my writer.
When I tried it with a friend’s system, it won’t work ! :frowning:
When can we say that a copy is a 1:1 copy ?
When can we be sure that a copy will play on all sytems ?

Thanx guys.

cirus ,

The plextor is not able to make “perfect” back ups of safedisk 2.5 and higher. You may be able to get around it by using the amplify weak sector option, in Clone CD. Then it might be playable in all or most cd drives.

I finally broke down and got a Liteon for safedisk games… But now theres the new Secure Rom that niether my PLex or Liteon can make perfect copies of :frowning:

Regarding copy protected games, you may never have made an 1:1 copy, only close enough it to work!-)

Only 1:1 copy is with fully standard data CD etc. And if we are really scrupulous, this is also not a 1:1 backup, you can´t avoid the differences between a pressed CD and a burned CD-R…

The only 1:1 copies are propably 2 CD-Rs (identical CD-R disks) with simple data written on them with the same burner…:wink:

Another question is, how exact 1:1 copies do we need.

For example, i have found only one game this far, i haven´t been able to make close enough 1:1 copy of; MotoRacer 3 with Tages…

Technically my copies of the newest SecuRom games are not 1:1, since i have edited the image with TwinPeaks before writing, but in a way, this is only done to imitate the original disks data. And this is in my opinion, “1:1 copy”, even though the image has been edited, since the difference to original in the image is build up in reading phase, the editing only corrects the data in image closer to the original.

I don´t know if this treatise helps anyone in anyway, but just thought it up for my own pleasure… (what a sick b*****d i am!-)

The writing and reading speed is very important with the new protections and i´ve found out that coincidence is also a important factor; i´ve done 2 copies of a game from same image, another works in all drives, other only in few… Not to mention the quality of media etc…

I have Plex 2410 and LG 8240 and with these drives, i´ve been able to do this all, although some might say it´s not possible…

I don´t know if this treatise helps anyone in anyway, but i just thought it up for my own pleasure… (what a sick b*****d i am!-)

Now i´ll stop.

Happy new year to you all