When are we going to get a FAQ?

vbimport

Com’on some moderator create a sticky and let’s get the 10 most frequently asked questions down.

yeah!!

I know I’ve said it before, but I am working on it, as we speak even. I’ve been feeling pretty guilty about not having it ready by now. Unfortunately I’ve had some unexpected extra Liteon projects I had to take over and the FAQ was the easiest thing to put aside. I appologise for that. I’ll try and get something up very soon, even if it’s a work in progress. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Do you want to list what you think are the 10 most frequently asked questions, so I can make sure i have them covered.

EDIT: Do you want to list what you think are the 10 most frequently asked questions, so I can make sure i have them covered.

That’s a good idea, so what does everyone think is the most ask questions?

1. what’s the difference in Pro and non-Pro?

2. What’s the difference/benefits in OEM and Retail versions (both hardware and firmware)?

3. How do you cross-flash and should I?

4. What’s the best firmware?

5. What’s a good brand of media to use?

6. Should the green light be on when you have media in?

7. Is it natural for it to speed up and slow down when burning (also the light goes from red and then green and back)?

8. How do I remove the rip lock?

9. My burns are really slow what could be the problem?

10. maybe something about quality scanning …

Thanks Hef, there’s some good ones there that I hadn’t thought of :slight_smile:

this question mentioned by HEF is in my opnion a must:

Is it natural for it to speed up and slow down when burning (also the light goes from red and then green and back)?

ciao

HEF i dont think
6. Should the green light be on when you have media in?
should be on; i think questions that target new users should be ideal; cause i learnt stacks from my questions and shifting through question usual n00bies ask.
I think corsan point is also valid…
but this is my opinon…after my exams ill attend the fourm…kinda have a gist of things now…tks to pinto and ala guys have been great…manage to do my $hithouse media reasonably, however cant rip from them again though…
c0deking give me holla if you want help or stuff.
P.S put stuff on overspeed and changing media codes, although ala and co have provided detailed explanations; quite exhaustive to read due to the replies in between