When are the next model Liteon burners due?

vbimport

Hi,

I was just wanting to ask if anyone had any general idea as to when the next model Liteon burners would be due for release.

I am guessing they would be the 20A5P/S models.

Are they likely to be coming out sometime this year, or is it likely going to be a 2009 release.

Thanks

They skipped an A5-series. The new drives are from the A6 series, and are called iHAS120 [SATA, no LightScribe, 20x], iHAP220 [I think PATA, LightScribe, still 20x], and so on. [The firmwares for these drives still have “20A6” in places in the code, though the name you see in Windows will be iHAS120, for example.]

The new series is available in some channels. Might be worth checking online retailers that can ship to you. :slight_smile:

Excellent, thanks for that very helpful answer.

TBH I am glad I asked this question now as looking at the new model number I never would have figured this was the new Liteon drives.

Can I ask will this new drive continue to have the excellent scanning abilities of the older Liteon drives?.

As I am largely looking for a SATA based replacement to my Benq 1650 as a decent quality scanner in my new all SATA system setup.

I already have the LG GGC H20L for burning, but it seems to have problems with disk quality scanning in Nero.

Thanks

It seems to still support all the scanning that previous series had available, although jitter scanning has not yet [I don’t think] been enabled in CD-DVD Speed/DiscSpeed. Otherwise, the drives are still good for scanning DVD, in my opinion.

I am too waiting for the new Lite-on’s. A few UK online retailers have them listed as stock expected in the next couple of weeks. They have been available in the USA for a good month or so now.

It may also be worth waiting for the newly announced IHAS622 which is the new 22x writer on the market.

[QUOTE=Albert;2093250]They skipped an A5-series.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. They may yet come out with a 20A5 series after the 20A6, with the relationship being the equivalent of the one the 20A4 has to the 20A3 (i.e., a different chipset but similar capabilities).

[QUOTE=negritude;2093699]Not necessarily. They may yet come out with a 20A5 series after the 20A6, with the relationship being the equivalent of the one the 20A4 has to the 20A3 (i.e., a different chipset but similar capabilities).[/QUOTE]

True. Totally possible. :iagree: