Whch Nvidia FX 5600 should i buy?

Hi,

1. There are FX 5600 with 128 & 256 MB RAM with a price difference of $20 between them

Are the 256 MB worth that ?

1. Whch is a good company comparable to ASUS.

Chaintech
Leadtech
Albatron
ABIT
EVGA

I think some of the 256MB cards use slower memory chips. Get a 128 MB version, it’ more than enough, I think. go for MSI, reliability and good performance.

Definitely check with the manufacturer before buying to find out the memory speed. I was going to get the Albatron FX5600EQ 256MB for about $140US. Then I started to notice that nowhere do they list the speed of the memory. So I emailed Albatron and they said that the Memory Clock was 400MHz. That is 100MHz slower than any of the other 256MB versions of the card. So definitely, watch for memory speeds.

i dont know much about speeds

please pick one for me.

not more than $150 (256 mb will be nice)

:bow: :bow:

what is vivo ?

is it a tv tuner ?

vivo = Video In / Video Out

This Chaintech 256MB looks good.

But THIS Chaintech 128MB has higher memory bandwidth and faster memory.

Personally, I think you will get better performance out of the 128MB version. Not to mention, I read somewhere the other week that rarely would anyone even use the full 256MB memory on a graphics card at the moment.

I would get the 128MB version, and by the time you want to upgrade again in a few years, 256MB will be much faster and cheaper.

thanks for the correct directions.

No problem…goo luck and let us know which one you get and how you like it! :slight_smile:

motherboard has a 4x agp slot, does it make any performance issue for not being agp 8x.

i read that 8x cards are backward compatible with 4x slot, right ?

here is my video card , i love it.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=446

Originally posted by helpmehelpu
[B]motherboard has a 4x agp slot, does it make any performance issue for not being agp 8x.

i read that 8x cards are backward compatible with 4x slot, right ? [/B]

Yes, but they are not compatible with 2x AGP.

MATA7 i am not sure about 256mb cards.

since…

128mb are actually faster (memory clock is 550mhz instead of 400mhz on the 256 :Z ).

unless i am mistaken.

If I am right (let’s suppose I am;)), this story with memory bandwith and size as we had with GF4 cards. The cards with less memory were faster than the cards with more memory, but in the future, cards with more memory should be faster (because of the growing texture sizes).

If you want to use this card for several years, you should go with the 256MB version. If not, the 128MB version is the better choice…

finally settled for this

PixelView GeForce FX5600 256MB

http://www.prolink.com.tw/2003/english/products/vga/FX/Geforcefx%205600-NVGA31AL-256M-VIO-DVI.htm

FX 5600 256MB 325/500MHz 8x16Mx16 ¡V4.0ns Samsung

is this a good choice ?

damm again changed my mind :slight_smile:

which is better ?

1. GEFORCE4 TI 4800SE 128MB
  2. GEFORCE FX 5600 256 MB

i have played most of the dx 8 games. i will be playing dx 9 games as they come out…

Originally posted by helpmehelpu
[B]finally settled for this

PixelView GeForce FX5600 256MB

http://www.prolink.com.tw/2003/english/products/vga/FX/Geforcefx%205600-NVGA31AL-256M-VIO-DVI.htm

FX 5600 256MB 325/500MHz 8x16Mx16 ¡V4.0ns Samsung

is this a good choice ? [/B]

I dont know about that card. I dont like the way they keep saying “up to” for the speeds. I also think that the memory speed(4.0ns) is a bit higher than others. Look at other cards and see if the memory speed (ns) is lower. LOWER IS BETTER when it comes to this speed.

As far as your last post…I have read review after review about the Albatron GeForce4 Ti4680 being one of the best performing cards and beating out the FX5600s. I will see if I can find a link for you.

These are the memory specs for the Albatron FX5600 Series:
(these specs are not on the website, I got these from a rep at Albatron through email)
FX5600CP (128MB) Mem. speed 7.5 ns Mem. clock=287MHz
FX5600EQ (256MB) Mem. speed 5 ns Mem. clock=400 MHz
FX5600P (128MB) Mem. speed 4 ns Mem. clock=500 MHz
FX5600P Turbo (128MB) Mem. speed 3.3 ns Mem. clock=600

This is the Ti4680P Turbo card at newegg.

nice find !!!

just ordered it :slight_smile:

hehehehehehe

Which one is “it” referring to?

Let us know how u like it. I would be interested to know, as I am also still in the market for a video card.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Ti4680P Turbo

I wanted to run linux/unix NOW. GF4 is mature enough for linux/unix. so i went for it :slight_smile:

Getting something that isnt support quite well & spending sleepless night trying to get it work - i dont like it.

Let us know how it turns out!