'What's your seafood thread'

vbimport

Fresh caught filleted dipped in flour ,fried …( white fish )

MY MOM made the Greatest fish .

Living at the Seaside we had a Fish shop that had its own trawler ;She said " Fish that hasn`t been on ICE is the best "
Well I&J bought them out :sad:
http://www.ij.co.za/home

Best Fish after that was in England in 80s .
Fish and Chips in Newspaper from a pub :cool:

This styrofoam Cr*p loses all the atmosphere

My Kids love Fish fingers …di loves them in like a hot dog WITH lots of salad and dressing .

Yo-

My favorite is lobster with fresh garlic laden drawn butter to dip it in-eh!! :iagree: :clap: :iagree: :clap: :iagree:

Fish’n’chips from any of the local chippies…yum! :iagree:

I used to like Long John Silvers fish fillets . They were Atlantic cod . Now they are Pacific cod maybe but not quite as good.
Living about 700 miles from the Gulf of Mexico & that’s the closest “sea water” fresh sea food is too high priced for me.
I don’t like lobster & I like to quote from the movie Tom Horn on that " It’s the biggest bug I ever ett ".
With all that I actually like fresh water catfish best . Dreged in a mixture of 50/50 Cornmeal/Flour with a little salt added . Then semi deep fried . If that is a term you don’t understand . The cooking oil is a little over half way up of what you are frying .

No one has mentioned shrimp yet? For shame.

[B]Bubba[/B]: [I]Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey’s uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that’s about it. [/I]

Prefer fried shrimp myself, or shrimp creole.

I see food and I eat it.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2626504]I see food and I eat it.[/QUOTE]

Same here James most any sea food I like any thing from coconut scrimp to salmon ,white fish ,and Talapia.You know any fish is great exception of bull fish and suckers unless smoked.

I double posted sorry,one of through days

Blue crab and lobster are my favorites. Nothing like a big pile of steamed blue crabs seasoned with Old Bay and two hours to do nothing but pick crab and BS with friends and family.

Monkfish.

First had it in Spain 30 years ago when it was still a cheap ugly fish that nobody wanted. Delicious & no bones. :cool:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2626401]Fish’n’chips from any of the local chippies…yum! [/QUOTE]
My second choice, so long as it’s nice fresh cod. The fish & chip shop in Bishops Cleeve used to do the best fish ‘n’ chips ever (used to always stop there on the way back from my grandparents), but it changed hands twenty-something years ago and was never the same again.

Can’t find a decent place round here any more. There used to be a very good one in town, but I’m convinced that for the last 4 years they’ve been passing off something else as cod, probably Vietnamese catfish (a few places elsewher in the county were prosecuted for that a few years ago). Whatever this place is serving it is definitely not cod, or even pollock. :a

I forgot to mention crab. I like snow ,king & blue . Those are all I know I’ve eaten.
I have bought frozen deviled crab in the shell & I don’t know what kind of crab it was .
There was a seafood restaurant here at one time that had a crab burger .( Fried crab patty) .
I also like shrimp usually fried . I did try some sweet & sour shrimp in a Chinese restaurant & it was different but good.

Good old UK style fish and chips!

And haddock is nicer than cod for me as it has a more meaty texture… drool. :p:p

[B]Wombler[/B]

Lobster, crab, lobster bisque… Halibut cooked with sour cream, parmesan cheese, lemon juice… Tough call…

We eat a lot of fish here, although I don’t like shell fish. I don’t eat chips, or anything else cooked in oil, so a visit to the chippy is out for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haddock and cod is probably our fav,

My fav is smoked cod, spread with some butter, and topped with sliced tomato and spring onion, and then grilled.

[QUOTE=Dee;2626592]We eat a lot of fish here, although I don’t like shell fish. I don’t eat chips, or anything else cooked in oil, so a visit to the chippy is out for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haddock and cod is probably our fav,

My fav is smoked cod, spread with some butter, and topped with sliced tomato and spring onion, and then grilled.[/QUOTE]

I thought deep frying was an obligatory national pastime in Scotland! :bigsmile:

That cod dish sounds lovely though.

I sometimes have a salmon fillet with lemon juice, soy sauce and a dash of tabasco.

Oh and I also like smoked salmon on a slice of toast with scambled egg.

Yum yum! :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]Wombler[/B]

^ I just can’t stand the smell of hot oil. :Z

I love poached oysters…I poach them from the local oyster farm…Ba-Da-Boom…
:cop: License? we don’t need no stinking License… :cop:

[QUOTE=Dee;2626605]^ I just can’t stand the smell of hot oil. :Z[/QUOTE]

Love the smell of oil on a hot beach --o ,sorry got off course.

[QUOTE=Dee;2626605]^ I just can’t stand the smell of hot oil. :Z[/QUOTE]

Actually I’d agree with you on that.

What comes out the other end tends to be bad for you but unfortunately for me rather tasty depending on how well the oil is drained.

In general I don’t like greasy food but nice crisp well drained fish and chips are hard to resist.

I draw the line at deep fried Mars bars and deep fried pizzas though. :slight_smile:

The thought of a deep fried pizza seems disgusting to me as the amount of grease it absorbs is bound to be phenomenal . :Z

[B]Wombler[/B]

I do fry some myself but rarely deep fry.
The the bad oder that comes from "hot " cooking oil
Is usually the cooks fault. If the oil gets hot enough to smoke it is burning .
You don’t want burnt oil so turn down the heat some .
It also depends on the type of oil used.
Canola that is not over heated has almost no oder.
Corn oil has little . Vegetable oil which is mostly soy is about the same but
it needs a lower temperature & burns more easily.
Peanut & olive oil definitely put an oder into the air.
A lot of the time the oder is from old oil that has been previously burnt as well .
Not the best fat you cna use health wise but give some lard a try some time.
I don’t care what you hear it is best not to fry with butter at all . It is very difficult not to burn.
Melt some & drizzle it over what you want the butter flavor on after it is cooked .
Let it set a couple of minutes & drain on a paper towel or cloth if you prefer.
Last a heavy cast iron skillet properly seasoned is a must .

Now for a vocabulary lesson:
Objects do not smell . They have no scent glands . They stink or have oder.