What's Your Most Dangerous Animal Encounter?

vbimport

Just curious. What’s the most dangerous animal encounter you have ever had?

:bigsmile:

I was snake bit at 6…:wink:

Most dangerous. Will be soon :wink: pics to follow. Lol

bigmike7

As someone who has kept snakes for years, including venomous snakes (first one was a Texas Coral 30 1/2" long), I can appreciate that. Never been bit by any venomous snakes (just can’t allow it), but I been bit by so many non-venomous snakes I can’t even count it. Kind of miss it, really. hmmm…

So, what kind was it and what did they do?

It was a baby chicken snake…it grabbed on right behind the ankle…I ran in the house screaming I was going to die

And jc…no its not big mike…poor guy would die if he and I were in the same room
His wife would see to it…

Man, shot on my own property at 25 yards with a 30-06. They all went to prison.

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2705437]It was a baby chicken snake…it grabbed on right behind the anake…I ran in the house screaming I was going to die

And jc…no its not big mike…poor guy would die if he and I were in the same room
His wife would see to it…[/QUOTE]

Haha, that’s so reminiscent! I took a friend out snake hunting for the first time. The first snake we came across was a Buttermilk snake. They are totally harmless but they love to BITE! The little bugger chewed us both up! LOL that was so funny. Poor guy never wanted to see a snake ever again (but at least he knew that many were harmless).

Yeah.there’s a pic of this huge yellow snake in someone’s kitchen. …that’s how all snakes look to me…http://www.kulfoto.com/funny-pictures/47258/snake-using-microwave

A shark, not a large one. It swam past while we were scuba diving in the Adriatic sea off the coast of Croatia.
That would be the summer of 2006 or 2007.

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2705443]Yeah.there’s a pic of this huge yellow snake in someone’s kitchen. …that’s how all snakes look to me…http://www.kulfoto.com/funny-pictures/47258/snake-using-microwave[/QUOTE]

That looks like an albino python, they’d be quite rare in the wild.

The nearest I’ve come to a dangerous encounter was being attacked by a German Shepherd, the dog that is, not an irate sheep herder. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

A huge orangutang. I handed one that was in a cage a donut when I was 6-7 years old. The owner of it freaked out and told my father I was lucky it didn’t grab me and rip my limbs off. At the time, its fingers were as big around as my forearms. The next was with an ostrich. My father distracted it while I ran for cover. It almost gutted him before he got away from it. Its claws put deep scratches in his belly and ripped his shirt off in the process. Ostriches are lethal with their claws and can run at insane speeds. Don’t mess with them.

For some reason my father had a lot of friends with exotic animals. I saw a bear and a tiger go at each other because they were being handled to close to each other. Get near that and you will need to change your shorts afterwards.

I had the pleasure of being bitten by Bella a Weimaraner this summer

Except a German sheperd which wanted to attack me, nothing really.

I got bit by a very large fish when I was wading in the Ocean, I do not know what kind but he took a good chunk out of my leg ( 15 years ago).:sad:

[QUOTE=UTR;2705450]A huge orangutang. I handed one that was in a cage a donut when I was 6-7 years old. The owner of it freaked out and told my father I was lucky it didn’t grab me and rip my limbs off. At the time, its fingers were as big around as my forearms. The next was with an ostrich. My father distracted it while I ran for cover. It almost gutted him before he got away from it. Its claws put deep scratches in his belly and ripped his shirt off in the process. Ostriches are lethal with their claws and can run at insane speeds. Don’t mess with them.

For some reason my father had a lot of friends with exotic animals. I saw a bear and a tiger go at each other because they were being handled to close to each other. Get near that and you will need to change your shorts afterwards.[/QUOTE]

I had the misfortune to raise (as part of my “job”) 20 Emus. They are second in size to Ostriches, and they can kill a person, too. I still have scars from those massive claws. They can kick four times harder than a horse, and I felt all four. Never again.

Been bitten by big dogs a few times,but the the most dangerous encounter was ,and still is,meeting my Mother In Law…:eek::eek:
:bigsmile::bigsmile:

As a boy, I was out hunting quail and crested a sandy hill just as a coyote came over it from the other side. Face to face and no more than a few feet apart, we scared the peewaddle out of each other. Lucky for me, the coyote took off running.

Stepped on a rattlesnake when out hitting golf balls, but I was fortunate, as my shoe slid off of it instead of pinning it to the ground. So instead of trying to bite me, it took off and buzzed angrily the whole time.

Scariest was when I was hiking in the Guadalupe Mountains with my nephew. We were on a trail that cut through a field of grass about knee high, when he stepped on top of a really big rattlesnake. He jumped straight up, came down on the rattlesnake again, which by this time was getting very grumpy. The second jump was away from the snake, but I can still remember seeing the snake stretched out behind him with its fangs out, trying to bite him in the back of the calf. We were ten miles through very rough terrain to get any help, and this was in the days before cell phones.

Face to face with a black bear at <20ft

I wasn’t going to run, because it could run faster than I can…
Climbing a tree is pointless because it can climb better than me…

All I had was a knife and I did the only thing I could think of…

I charged…

the bear ran faster than I have ever seen any living thing run.

I don’t know what would have happened if the bear had not run,
but my KaBar knife is ALWAYS sharp enough to shave with…

I was later told I did exactly the right thing.
With a black bear you stand your ground of charge

With a brown bear you back away slowly or play dead

With a Polar bear you hope you can shoot straight with
a rifle big enough to kill it… or you become bear food.

The only brown bears within 1500miles of me are all in Zoos
The only polar bears within 2500miles are also in Zoos

I put my trash out on Tuesday mornings so the garbage
men get it instead of the neighborhood bear…

Friends snake

From black widow spiders to rattle snakes to a Bengal tiger, I’ve had or encountered them.

I spent a whole day in a livestock pen at a county fair with a full grown African lion once. Everything was fine till I decided to wash off her lunch (chicken). That’s when she “informed” me that SHE put that dirt on her chicken and she wants it there! gulp She was fine the rest of the day, as long as I stayed away from her chicken.

The lady I worked for had a Bengal tiger as a “house pet”. She had been trying to breed it (cubs were $3k) and needed to take it’s temperature. She asked me which end I wanted. Well, poop washes off better than puncture wounds, so I chose the less glamorous end. The tiger soon realized it and started sitting down. At one point, the thermometer disappeared, at which point I informed the lady that I ain’t goin’ in after it!

Another lady I worked for had chimpanzees (and a few other assorted critters). The female chimp was famous back then for being the first captive-born mother of a captive-born baby. She was completely civilized, and would sit at the breakfast table, drink coffee, smoke a cigarette and “read” the newspaper. It’s amazing to watch her light a cigarette.

The male they had introduced her to, in the hopes that she would civilize him some, actually digressed her a little. He used to sometimes steal her cigarette (they got 1-2 a day), so she would actually bum them from me. Ever had a chimp bum a cig? I wasn’t supposed to, but when they were in the outside cage, I’d slip her one. The male would sit and smoke two at once. It worked out good though because she would help protect me from the male when I had to crank the heavy door open; he could hit the chainlink so hard it would flex a 12" and smash my knuckles (his timing was impressive, too).

But, if I knew then what I know now, I would not have ever been near any of them. I now know how lethal they can be, and just how close to death I really was. It was a thrill of a lifetime, and I thank God I lived through it, but there is not enough wealth in existence to get me to do it again.

:wink: