What's Your Idea About ChromeCast?

vbimport

Since ChromeCast was release by Google on July 2013, I guess many people can not even wait a minute to get it, so did you have one at home? And what’s your idea about it, the Pros and Cons?

Initially I wasn’t too convinced about Chromecast until I saw it in operation while visiting some friends.

What I really like about it is its ability to queue YouTube videos from multiple devices connected simultaneously. This was great at a house party where people were able to pick music videos on their smartphone or tablet to add to the queue, just like with a Jukebox but without having to walk up to it. The queue could also be edited from any connected handset.

Another common use I saw while visiting the US is people using it for Pandora internet radio, as most people there have their TV connected to a fairly powerful speaker system. During playback, Chromecast shows the song information on the screen. When I first saw it, I had no idea the owner was running Pandora from her phone until I asked what set top box is she using and she said Chromecast.

I have an Ezcast dongle on my TV and despite it claiming to be superior to Chromecast, personally I find that each has its pros and cons. For example, Ezcast supports screen mirroring (via Miracast) which is great for mirroring a laptop screen to the TV. With a compatible phone, it adds the ability to cast most apps, such as the native video and music players as well as codecs that the Chromecast doesn’t support. On the other hand, despite Ezcast’s screen mirroring capability, video playback in screen mirroring mode from a laptop is quite stuttery, especially in 1080p mode. So even though it provides the ability to watch video on demand services that don’t work with Chromecast, it’s still no match for a proper wireless HDMI sender, but still useful for those who are not after fluid-smooth video.

I must admit I quite like the idea of Chromecast although ATM I haven’t got one.

The price is very attractive and for some reason HDMI video senders seem to be very expensive so I might consider taking the plunge at some stage if video sender prices don’t come down.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Seán;2727130]Initially I wasn’t too convinced about Chromecast until I saw it in operation while visiting some friends.

What I really like about it is its ability to queue YouTube videos from multiple devices connected simultaneously. This was great at a house party where people were able to pick music videos on their smartphone or tablet to add to the queue, just like with a Jukebox but without having to walk up to it. The queue could also be edited from any connected handset.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your ideas, Sean, I like your Jukebox example, the ChromeCast really makes the life easier.

And you mentioned there are something Chromecast could not achieve for now, I would like to introduce our newly released product-DreamStream (http://www.wondershare.com/dreamstream/) which is used to enhance ChromeCast, and I would like to hold a giveaway for our DreamStream in Myce, just wonder is there any guys interested in it?

[QUOTE=Wombler;2727133]I must admit I quite like the idea of Chromecast although ATM I haven’t got one.

The price is very attractive and for some reason HDMI video senders seem to be very expensive so I might consider taking the plunge at some stage if video sender prices don’t come down.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I still think the ChromeCast has better price performance even the video sender comes down. It is so easy to use:flower:

The thing about the video sender though is it also transmits the remote control signals.

I had one that I used prior to upgrading my Sky satellite service to Sky+ HD and I can watch and operate the Sky box from the other room (but it’s not in HD).

[B]Wombler[/B]

It seems not much people used the ChromeCast, there is merely vote : (

[QUOTE=WS_Christine;2727913]It seems not much people used the ChromeCast, there is merely vote : ([/QUOTE]

I’ve read reviews of it though and for what it does it seems to be very good.

Cheaply priced too.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2727928]I’ve read reviews of it though and for what it does it seems to be very good.

Cheaply priced too.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

So you are gonna get one? haha:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=WS_Christine;2727969]So you are gonna get one? haha:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Possibly. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]